R32 DSG with DTM360

uberVduber

Hey fello dubers.

I'm new to Tyresmoke.

I was wondering if anyone is running the R32 c/w DSG and the HGP 360 turbo kit.

I'm in the US and have approached HPA to perform the conversion for me.

I'm looking for driving impressions and any reliability issues anyone has faced while running this setup.

Could I have you comments please?

There has been talk of Lamborghini getting their hands on the DSG technolog, I think, but as Larry says, nothing above 250hp at the mo as the clutch (I think) can't handle it. Otherwise it would already be in the S4, at least, and possibly the RS6 & forthcoming RS4. I also belive that Porsche have been working with Audi on a sequntial box for them, so I guess Audi may have developed something stronger, but I haven't heard anything concrete.

Welcome to TsN uberVduber!

The is a UK tuner called AmD who do remaps on VW's and Audis - they do a 300 bhp conversion for the R32 and the Audi A3 3.2 - on the DSG version of the A3, they apply a different remap because the DSG system won't handle the torque - it is an issue with torque rather than bhp.

I was seriously considering an A3 3.2 DSG before I found this out.

There is a TsN user call Jon from www.vagtech.co.uk who runs the 400 bhp HGP conversion but he sourced it from HPA in Canada.

HTH

beerchug.gif

Hi all

HPA motorsports in Canada have installed a FT-400 kit into an 3.2 V6 DSG Audi TT, the car ran a stunning 12.3 1/4 mile at 113.9 mph and logged a 0-60 in 3.8sec

The FT-360 kit and the FT-400 kit are available for DSG equipped cars. The FT-400 kit runs with slightly reduced torque 515nm as apposed to 530nm on a manual car.

The car drives superbly with the turbo kit installed, you can still do the school run if you want and then have some sirous fun as well. There is a full review of our car in the next issue of VW driver magazine.

There is a review of the HPA equipped DSG TT in Speed magazine in the US for our American friend to read

link to the US article http://www.hpamotorsports.com/magazine/rtspdaug05_001.htm