superchips

jamesXXX

The VWR R32s are superchipped, but I believe the changes are almost all torque with around 2-5bhp increase, so you might not get what you were hoping for - problem with normally aspirated cars is that chipping just doesnt do much.

As for Decatting - well I remember when I originally spoke to AMD all of the various cats were showing rductions in power when RR'd, but they now offer a cat replacement so I guess they must have developed something suitable.

I can't comment on a Superchips mod. The first thing to check is that the car has the 6463 software upgrade applied.

Removing the cats is not such a simple thing as the engine management system relies on the output from sensors connected to the cats to tell it how much more or less fuel/air etc. to throw in. Don't forget that the R32 is drive by wire (the throttle, 4 wheel drive sensors, ESP etc. all use electronics), so you could have some serious detrimental effect on the car.

If you are looking for really sound advice from a tuner, try a company like AmD in Bicester - they have various stages of upgrade between 250 bhp and 330 bhp - all depends on your budget.

A couple of us on TsN run their Stage 4 conversion (300+ bhp) and it runs flawlessly. Prepare your wallet for a thrashing though... smile.gif

HTH

beerchug.gif

its had the 6463 upgrade, just had a cheap mod done on the exhaust, there is a local exhaust builder who has removed the centre section ,silencer, and the restrictive section under the rear diff, and he has shaped a new piece of stainless, flanged the front, and welded the rear, also he removed the flapper section on the rear box, £150 in total. also added a K&N panel filter, sound beatifull now, and goes alot better, not bad for £200!!

I had my r32 chipped, it completely changed the feel of the car loads more torque smoother and more responsive it made it feel a lot quicker didnt have any flat spots or hesitations I would definately rate it. I have drove a car with the dealer upgrade and didnt think it was as good as my chipped car, mind you you cant get a feel of the car in half an hour, the lad who done my car does a lot of r32's and golfs and does a lot of work for harper and hebson in cumbria I can give you his details if you want to speak to him good luck

p.s. I think if you are wanting huge bhp increases I think you should be looking for something else