MTM upgrades for RS6's

craigyb

• 2 weeks later...

I have an MTM upgrade on my S3.. laugh.gif

I have asked about these MTM upgrades as my car was brought 2nd hand with it already done.

Most agree that MTM upgrades are not as smooth as others. This is not a bad thing as the power arrives in serious LUMPS. All I can say is that I enjoy it, car is soo much more fun to drive.

Just have to be aware that the power does not bite you as you come off a bend..

But to be fair, no idea if MTM upgrade in a RS6 behaves any different (except in the amount of power it brings!! 169144-ok.gif )

Not quite got this (you're mistaken Paul wink.gif) but i do have the AmD stage 2 & Sportec Performance upgrades.

The AmD stage 2 consists of AmD engine & gearbox re-map, along with a Milltek cat-back zorst. This alone takes power to about 510bhp & torque to 470lbsft. I know a couple of people with the MTM & they do for some reason appear to over state the torque saying they can get 500lbsft from just the re-map, but i've never seen proof of this, so i'd be a little more conservative on the torque.

The change in power delivery is awesome & with the associated gearbox re-map the changes are quicker & sharper & better suited to the extra power, although as i've just had my entire gearbox replaced at only 18000 miles, its safe to assume that the gearbox is not the strongest component on RS6's as i've heard of many others who've experienced total gearbox failure, even on standard cars.

The Sportec Performance upgrade is pricey & consists of new intercoolers, engine oil cooler, gearbox oil cooler, carbon fibre air intakes, ram-air system & piping. This is a very costly upgrade, but again makes an even bigger difference to overall performance. My RS6 is now at around 550BHP & just over 500lbsft or torque. I've also had Sportec (co-developed specifically with H&R) springs fitted & more recently upgraded the discs to GmBH drilled, all to aid the overall handling of the car.

Back to just the re-map. Cost for AmD is about £1900 & QST charge about the same IIRC. Bang for buck, it's the way to go & i doubt you'll be dissappointed. Personally i'd recommend AmD, but i'm biased as they've done alot of work on both my RS6 & my previous stead S8.