Waxing Alloy Wheels

AJno1

Does anyone have any recommendations as far as a decent wax to protect alloy wheels?

Looking on www.cleanandshiny.co.uk they do a couple of products, one called 'Wheel Wax' and the other 'Meguairs NXT Metal Polish'

Any good or should I just use a normal car wax to do the same job and save myself £10?

Thanks Guy and Gals, all pointers much appreciated. 169144-ok.gif

i tried a wheel wax. Just a gimmick and messy.

i now use all the wax i DONT use on the car.

Megs Goldclass, AG EGP, etc etc.

but thats usually only one a year, when wheels come off for deep clean.

all other times its virosol and a jet wash. comes up brilliantly.

I have tried Wheelwax, not bad stuff. Its a bit of a git to get off and at first I didnt think it was much better than normal Maguires new wax.

But tonight I washed the car, it hasnt rained since last and for the first time the dist really did wash off with a short hosing ! Very impressed :-)

But for every other week in the year, any wax helps get em shiny.

c

when i wax the car ill do the wheels with the same wax(p21s),seems ok and doesnt use much,wax is wax i suppose whether it says wheel wax or not,unless wheel wax has something in it to stop the brake dust etching into the wheel i dont know?.

I've been using Supagard alloy wheel protector for the last 10 months.

I must say it does seem to stop dust sticking to the wheels. Just a quick blast off and light sponging and they come up like new.

The wheels are just starting to get a few rough 'bits' on them now , so I'll give them an acid wash soon.

But all in all I think the Supagard stuff helps 169144-ok.gif

BUB

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

acid wash

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me more oh wise one?

What's that all about then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wise one? confused.gif

When I said "Acid" I meant the stuff our cleaners use at work (or Wonder Wheels) - which turns out to be "Non Acidic Wheel Cleaner" !

So forget the acid bit wink.gif

BUB

Wise one lol.gif

I've used Wheel Wax a few times now, and I can't say that it's any better than AutoGlym SRP. In fact SRP is generally better because you can use it to clean the cack off the wheel and polish it at the same time.

Both take plenty of time to do though, which is why mine haven't had their annual polish yet this year.

Carlack 68 on mine and never had to use anything stronger than shampoo/water in 6 months and 19,000 miles.

Like others have said, use whatever wax you use on your paint but I'd advise against wasting carnuaba as it won't last as long in my experience.