Chrysler Grand Voyager of DOOM!

Mollox

Given the ongoing disruption to London's public transport and my nightmare week trying to get in/out of work (including a 'surprise' 3 mile walk this morning) I got the hump and grabbed a pool car: the Grand Voyager.

I've driven it a bit in the past but never really paid much attention to it. Its always been smooth and not particularly vast, even though it has a 3.5 V6. What I do quite like about it is the way it slows me down. I always waft when I drive it - a lot of that is the car's character but then there's also the fact that a) its quite big and b) it has AWFUL brakes. Or more to the point it doesn't really seem to have any.

So, in summary, I quite enjoy going slowly in it and have absolutely no intention in the world of exceeding any speed limits in it. It also had horrid, over-light steering and it just gives off the impression that It'll understeer off into the Channel if you tried anything fruity.

Anway, was paying a bit more attention to it today as it didn't have much in the tank when I picked it up. So on my journey home (11.5 miles across london, relatively light traffic for a Friday evening but lots of stop-start) what do you think my average fuel consumption was? I think I accidentally exceeded the speed limit once (34mph) but on the whole i was tickling the throttle and keeping to posted limit (30 all the way home). I was expecting it to be good. Its when I noticed the needle had moved after 5 mins (2 miles) that I knew I'd be in for a surprise....

NINE point SEVEN mpg!!!!!!!!! EEK2.GIFEEK2.GIFEEK2.GIF

I wasn't even fecking accelerating!!

Has anyone else got experience of one of these tanks? Is this normal? Jesus, they talk about 4x4s killing the environment, its Grand Voyagers you have to watch!

Got to the petrol station (sweating) with 4 miles on the "Distance to Empty" readout. Mysteriously in the 3 mins I was queuing for a pump that ran down to "0" so was a little nervous. I only managed to get 50 litres in it which I thought was a bit low and then when I started it it was telling me it would only do 186 miles on that tank!!!!

FFS something can't be right there - how can anyone make a car that fuel inefficient??? smashfreakB.gif

NONO3.GIF No street cred this thing.

Just nipped down to the local petrol station to get a packet of cigarettes and that's where the twats normally hang out and well twat about.

There were a couple of M3s (1 cab), two skylines and a couple of dodgy punto/corsa things.

They didn't even bat an eyelid at the Voyager - even the tarts didn't giggle.

Normally I end up getting raced out of that place - quite like the anonymity of it. Alas, if only they knew the 3.5 litres of Detroit FAT that lie under its cropped snout 1.gif

Gadgetry? Its a Y reg (also about to be replaced) but it has a few things. Erm climate, heated seats, a COLUMN gear change(!!!) about a million settings for cruise control, electric rear (outward opening) 3/4 windows, err...I can't think of much more - oh yes - the digital compass. Nothing particularly interesting or useful really. No idea about the fishing chairs - I just get in and drive it but I don't think it has...

M3M it wasn't subtle, there were 2 there thats all! tongue.gif