Most accurate tyre pressure gauge?

NewNiceMrMe

I got a halfords analogue jobby for about £10, looks like the purple draper one from T_Rifles link above.

It has quite a long neck so you don't leak air out when using it. Seemed fairly accurate so I popped round the corner and got the guys at the local MOT shop to pump a tyre to a certain pressure with their kit, then tested it with mine. It came out the same so I'm happy with it smile.gif

But surely since you'd driven it the tyre would have warmed the air a bit and so it shouldn't have been the same! wink.gif

I have a digital guage that I've compared to a calibrated analogue gauge. It guarantees to be within 0.5psi and it was actually within 0.25psi.

I also have a 12V pump so that I always do my pressures when the tyres are 100% at ambient temperature.

[ QUOTE ]

I also have a 12V pump so that I always do my pressures when the tyres are 100% at ambient temperature.

[/ QUOTE ]

....that's what the M3's come with. A 12v pump where the spare would be in another car. It includes the emergency tyre sealant kit too.

I just wondered how accurate other devices were because I find it a pain to have to get it out for the sake of checking pressures every week!

[ QUOTE ]

But surely since you'd driven it the tyre would have warmed the air a bit and so it shouldn't have been the same! wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I walked round and got them to do it on one of their tyres wink.gif

not that lazy that I would drive 300 yards smile.gif