Them stupid thoughts again

mulkbear

As Ari says, 2.8i (Brooklands) or a 3.0S.

However, there is a VERY fine line with Capri's.

If you're going to keep them box standard - no stripes or anything, just as they were intended - they look like a very nice classic.

However, if you add a single thing....they're as Chavvy as Chav can be. With a stripe you'd be an UberChav.

[ QUOTE ]

I'd say no, they look nice but unless you are going to get a good one, and I'd say a V6 too as whats the point in a 4-cylinder Capri, then its gonna cost you an absolute fortune to keep it on the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking if i buy 3 or 4 scrapers i could make 1 good car and have lots of spares to save some money (I have 4 drive ways and a 2 car garage to keep them in and breck them in to spares)

Most of my mate think i need a slap for being silly but i have always wanted one smashfreakB.gif

Nearly bought one a couple of years back. Had the 3.0L engine, with a cosworth head, strengthened pistons, and huge carbs.

Didn't buy it cos it had a cheap tickford replica body kit on it which made it look too chav.

To be honest reckon the Mark 1's are the ones to get!

[ QUOTE ]

Most of my mate think i need a slap for being silly but i have always wanted one smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have too. Had four Capri's when I was first driving, the last being a Signal Amber MKIII 2.0S with fishnet Recaros. Absolutely loved that car and always wanted a 2.8i Special or a 3.0S.

If I had space, and I found a really good one at the right price, I'd buy it and run it as a Sunday classic, no doubt. cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You mean like this?

479514-Capri.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a Capri Classic, or Console Classic (basically a Console Coupe which was then badged Capri.

A proper Mk1 is this...

caprirs2600_1.jpg

This is an ultra rare RS2600, a sort of Cosworth of it's day.

I saw a car of about that era the other day and it seems like they cant cope with modern fuels too well because the one i saw was emitting most of the petrol smell back out the exhaust again. Now im not complaining because the smell of petrol is quite nice but still it cant be performing too well if half the petrol is unburnt.

Found a capri for sale ,1985, Red with two white viper style stripes, Mint body work, Black leather seats (rs tubro seats), LSD Diff, 2.0 ZETEC WITH 45 WEBERS ON,

£500 Bargin

AND The catch

Very Worn gearbox and the engine is FUBAR' ed

Going back to see it again on the week end