MK V R32!

DaddyDub

I hate to say I told you so but I've just had word from a friend who works for VW. He has had given me an official response by VW's Marketing deptment that the Mew MK 5 R32 will be just that a R32 3.2l 184kW, 250PS engine and production is starting in a few weeks time for the German market!

sekret.gifECLIPSe.gif

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If VW read these forums and listened to the men (and women!) that own and buy these cars, you'd have thought they would make the run up and launch to the new .:R a bit more dramatic and that they'd design the new 32 or 36 .:R with our comments in mind??!! smashfreakB.gif

It's really difficult holding back on this...TP's kind of summed up my thoughts but if I can add this a prime example of VW not having it's finger on the pulse of its customers which will lose them business & credibility.

I would love to hear VW's rationale for this decision and who made it.

Their only saving grace would be to come up with a performance pack upgrade to deliver anything near what should have been in the first place.

Alternatively, if VW really is allergic to spending a modicome of effort in developing output/performance, that they bring out a R32T. I mean how difficult is it to bolt on a blower in the factory and send it out will a manufacturers backed warranty backed up by the retailer.

[ QUOTE ]

Alternatively, if VW really is allergic to spending a modicome of effort in developing output/performance, that they bring out a R32T. I mean how difficult is it to bolt on a blower in the factory and send it out will a manufacturers backed warranty backed up by the retailer.

[/ QUOTE ]

But doesn't producing only 250 bhp give companies like AmD, VagTech etc. the opportunity to provide after-market mods?

That said, if it as an R36 with 300 bhp, I would still want more...

ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

That said, if it as an R36 with 300 bhp, I would still want more...ECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Then this takes us back to the old VAG issue.... politically, Audi won't let VW develop an .:R that we'd all scramble over each other to buy!! 169144-ok.gif

We're getting back to our respected difference of opinion Charlie. I think this should be available as standard without having to go off and spend £x to a 3rd party and then sacrifice this on resale. I accept if you're going to hold onto your car for years & years then this maybe more appealing.

I totally agree that there should be a 300 bhp Golf as a standard car - not sure that VW could cope with having a "performance arm", like Audi have Quattro GmbH for the S-Line, S and RS work.

My point is that even if there was an R32 or R36 pushing 300 BHP, I (and a couple of other people wink.gif )would still want to push it further.

Something to do with never being happy with a standard car. ECLIPSe.gif