New A4 grill - yes or no?

a4tdi130

Have you changed your vote since the campaigning started?  

1. 1. Have you changed your vote since the campaigning started?

It's been around for a while now so the "shock" factor has gone. So I was wondering, what do people think of the new Audi grill? I don't mean specific cars or specific colours - because it's here to stay on ALL cars - so overall, do you like the new Audi grill? Simple poll - no need for discussions/arguments/etc (unless you must)!!

Audi need to look a bit more distinctive and this is what they went for. They had to update their image to try and win back some of the people that had gone across to BMW and Lexus for the IS certainly.

BMW did flame surfacing, to spice things up to mixed results.

I think time will show that both made a good choice to be more bold with their design. In this respect some of the Mercs are being more bold CLS, others not, new S class.

Not many people really want a bland car anymore and if they had contined to evolve then thats what might have happened. As it stand the new face looks better on some cars than others, but its in my opinion a good new corporate face that is certainly looking better with each newly launched model. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think this should have been moved to the Audi Chat section as this is likely only to be visited by people who have Audi's - whereas the poll topic is surely applicable to non Audi owners. Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pitch car chat to general cars for this type of discussion, well I do anyway and it will always stay there. It will always get removed from LOJ now.

Your right that not many will look at it in here now for the response that you want.

[ QUOTE ]

Not many people really want a bland car anymore and if they had contined to evolve then thats what might have happened. As it stand the new face looks better on some cars than others, but its in my opinion a good new corporate face that is certainly looking better with each newly launched model. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sensible comment actually! At least they didnt weld the FRONT end of a Mitsubishi Carisma on....... sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'm quite surprised how close the poll is so far, will be interested to take a look this evening when more people have voted.

I'll do a poll for the 1 series in a bit!

[/ QUOTE ]

What can I say a lot of people don't like change. I am willing to bet some of the people this time last year that were laughing at the new face on the sportback are now thinking about changing their A3 to the new noise and actually quite liking it after saying its horrible.

Its a strange old world we live in. coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What can I say a lot of people don't like change.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I remember when the Audi A4 switched from the B5 to the B6 everyone was saying "wow, isn't it lovely". Doesn't seem to have carried on from the B6 to the B7 in the same way.

My wife has a new style 5 series and I think it's one of the best looking cars around, other people hate it.

After months of deliberating, I've ordered one, I like it. It's a bold corporate image, which has been pulled off very well.

I'd speculate that "traditional shape" Audi owners may feel bias towards the B6 shape, but if this poll were run again in 6 or 12 months time, I bet many of the B6 shape owners (including cab owners), will be driving an Audi with the new grill.

Chris

[ QUOTE ]

I still dont like it but it is growing on me... it's the arse-end which i dont like on the new A4. I think it looks too american. not nice at all... and the steering wheel looks naff too...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with the arse end... not liking that at the mo!

Think the new grill suits the A6 better smile.gif

In general I like the A4 facelift, but that new grill just spoils the rest of the car!

It seems to me that Audi's marketing department watched BMW's 'adventurous' styling develop with a growing sense of concern and finally convinced the board that something had to be done to make Audis stand out a bit more. The result is this incredibly crass new grill. smashfreakB.gif

Amongst other reasons (quattro, interior, build quality, etc.) I own an A8 precisely because of its understated styling; I wouldn't dream of having an S Class or 7-series because I perceive them as being too ostentatious. Whilst I find the detail styling of the D3 rather fussy it has the same elegant proportions as the D2 and could just about be described as understated when painted a dark colour. However, the new grill simply draws attention to the size of the frontal area and therefore the hugeness of the overall car.

Sticking a new nose on a Rover never solved anything; it's a sad day when Audi think that this sort of tinkering will enhance their products. While I don't find the styling of current BMWs attractive I do admire their boldness and originality. In customary style they've done a thorough job.