Has anyone tried to integrate the TMC codes from another CD into their RNS-E DVD?

I don't have a TMC enabled disk, but think it may be possible. Since the encoding on the disk is pretty straight forward.

And if you own a TMC enabled disk I believe it may be ok under fair use, provided you dont use both disks at the same time (i.e. in 2 different cars).

[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone tried to integrate the TMC codes from another CD into their RNS-E DVD?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say that the same thought had crossed my mind. The actual TMC tables are non-human-readable data, but I did wonder whether the format would be common.

SW/HW doesn't matter.

I'd still be using the original DVD. However, the original is missing the TMC keys/codes for the UK.

The format of the disk isn't too complex. So it might be possible to take the codes from a TMC enabled disk, reformat them and add them to the DVD.

[ QUOTE ]

Yep smile.gif.

Been really busy so hardly driven it this month (more then 1 passenger or luggauge to big for the trunk) frown.gif

Actually looking at the new Piton or Spyder. Can't decide which one though.....

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif good stuff - good choice to have to make tongue.gif

grin.gif you've got to make it to Windsor before changing - next one is 27th 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

SW/HW doesn't matter.

I'd still be using the original DVD. However, the original is missing the TMC keys/codes for the UK.

The format of the disk isn't too complex. So it might be possible to take the codes from a TMC enabled disk, reformat them and add them to the DVD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting approach, but surely the software for the disc is compiled without these codes for the UK. Surely adding the keys wont change any references (or lack of) to a UK key.

I'll have to take a look at the format of the disk to check this out and check some of the files on it. Issue is, where to get the valid keys for the TMC info!

Worth a try, we'll never know unless someone does it beerchug.gif

Hi all,

Just bought an A4 Cab with Satnav+. Bought the Teleatlas TMC enabled CD for my old car, plugged it into the SatNav+ and unfortunately nothing happened. Gotta say the TMC on Teleatlas appears to be solely Motorway based, not giving me a route using A roads even when the M25 is stationary. Unusual on the M25 I know. The last info I had from a dealer was an internal one that said they were gonna enable TMC in June, oh well.

[ QUOTE ]

Hi all,

Just bought an A4 Cab with Satnav+.

[/ QUOTE ]

As in new, with the DVD-based system?

[ QUOTE ]

Bought the Teleatlas TMC enabled CD for my old car, plugged it into the SatNav+ and unfortunately nothing happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing happened??? Then you go on to say:

[ QUOTE ]

Gotta say the TMC on Teleatlas appears to be solely Motorway based, not giving me a route using A roads even when the M25 is stationary.

[/ QUOTE ]

The traffic information only relates to the motorway network, yes, but if the congestion is bad enough to make leaving the motorway a viable option, it will do. I certainly got routed off the M25 on a couple of occasions. The problem with only having traffic information for the motorway network is that there is the potential for dumping you in even heavier traffic away from the motorway.

[ QUOTE ]

Unusual on the M25 I know. The last info I had from a dealer was an internal one that said they were gonna enable TMC in June, oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

The TMC-enabled DVD has since been further delayed! frown.gif Annoying, because there is a known working beta release in existence (has been for some time).