[Audi A3/S3] S3 Performance problems

Jimbob_S3

Hi all.

Couple of months ago I had a new MAF installed due to engine management light coming on and being traced to MAF (determined by 'fuel to air ratio too low'). After the new MAF was fitted power increase felt immense (I hadnt realised car had gone slow, must have crept up on me). Car was great for about 2 weeks then I thought the power seemed to have gone again. Checked under the bonnet one of the vacuum hoses was split. Its temporary fixed whilst the part is on order... but the power still seems down. I don't have the significat boost in 2nd and 3rd gear which I had a couple of weeks ago? Sometimes the car feels boosty then drops off, but easing off then onto the accelerator seems to return the boost. Can anyone help...? i need my power back!!

After reading all the posts should I change the DV for the sake of £20 to eliminate it?

Car is 2001 X with 87k.

Cheers confused.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I had the same issues with my S 3 recently. About 6 months ago I had the MAF changed and all was well - but recently - and like yourself - it creeped up on me, my performace had gone and I had no real power when accelerating. Anyway I ended up taking it to the local Audi garage and they found that my Pressure Control Valve was faulty and was causing my turbo to overboost, which resulted in the ECU shutting down the turbo. All fixed now, but £130 out of pocket frown.gif

Thanks for that. Any idea if I can test the pressure control valve ? (I've just got VAG COM but havent had chance to use it yet.)

What was the price for the part ?

The turbo is working but the powers is varied sometimes boost is strong othertimes there seems to be nothing. The dealer still hasn't provided the hose, theyre making up all kinds of stories.... its frustrating. Might change that diverter valve anyway - seem to have had everything else!