most pointless bm

Pidge

When parking, I tend to  

1. 1. When parking, I tend to

• Reverse in, Drive out
    • Drive in, Reverse out
    • Depends on location/other cars/time, etc

[ QUOTE ]

oh I see grin.gif its another conspiracy in an attempt to wind me up grin.gif Well I know where my vote went! the X3 is foul but nothing and I MEAN nothing is worse than the 1.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, but the question was "Most Pointless". The one series is a car for people scared of the sheer size of the 3 series. A car for people who just want a cheap [all these things are relative!] BMW. What good is an X3 other than for target practice? smile.gif

The X3 is for people who wanted an X5 but couldn't afford one. Even our salesman told us that when we were buying our 5 series, but it's what I suspected anyway. He also described the X3 as ugly with a cheap tacky interior. I don't think he'll be selling many.

Whatyou need to understand is that the X3 was concieved with N America in mind, where is competes in a crowded market and people are crying out for it, as I saw in Canada where there are quite a lot about.

Also, the X5 is being moved further upmarket with the next gen model and also have 7 seats, putting comsiderable distance between it and the X3, admitedly, at the moment they do seem like 2 sides of the same coin.

And no, i don't particularly like it either, but i see why it exists.

I find it hard to believe that anyone in north america is crying out for it. The range rover sport is a direct competitor for the X5, why would BMW not produce an X7 if they want to move more upmarket, mind you at mid to high 40's for a decent spec 3.0d and 60 odd for the 4.8is when specced up i think you'll find it's already at the high end. Why anyone would pay mid 30's for a bread wagon on stilts confuses me no end. How do BMW explain that one? smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The X3 is for people who wanted an X5 but couldn't afford one. Even our salesman told us that when we were buying our 5 series, but it's what I suspected anyway. He also described the X3 as ugly with a cheap tacky interior. I don't think he'll be selling many.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't he see the interior of the '5' then? jump.gif

We had a Rep in at work last week - Drove a 05 plate 530d sport thingie.

The dash plastics were awful , hard nasty black plastic.

It also had this sort of alloy machine turned insert - looked very Ford Mondeo...................

Audi really do know how to bolt an interior into a car 169144-ok.gif

BUB wink.gif