Handling mods - in which order ?

mattcony

Wanting to start trying to dial out the understeer and roll from the R by adding variouse roll bars and braces.

Neuspeed 25mm front anti-roll bar

Neuspeed 25mm rear anti-roll bar

Neuspeed front upper strut brace

Neuspeed front lower strut brace

In which order would be best to start with say 1 at a time, would be a hole in my pocket to do all 4 in 1 go. emailed awesome and they say there is no 25mm rear AR bar for the R is this correct. Am sure I have seen them on Vortex ?

Cheers

Matt 169144-ok.gif

I'm running just the rear neuspeed 22MM and it's basically neutral, so my suggestion would be the 25MM neuspeed set to the mildest setting (believe it has 2 or 3 adjustment postions and they do exist - believe they're running $259 for the 25MM rear bar

[ QUOTE ]

Surely the Haldex upgrade is the first mod to dial out some of the understeer. Albeit the most expensive!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Do this mod after the rest of them if you are doing them one at a time. The car naturally understeers because the front and rear are set up to do this out of the factory - it's "safer" to understeer than it is to oversteer, according to the manufacturers.

Changing the characteristics of how quickly the rear wheel drive kicks in won't help this - if you are driving on a track, you need to turn into the corner and then apply the power when you have a clear exit (unless you're having a mental 5 minutes on a roundabout).

If you do the rear first, you'll not eliminate it. Try to stretch your budget to do the anti-roll bars first, then the front top strut brace, then the front lower strut brace.

Oh, and then a rear stress bar... tongue.gif

It's never ending.. 169144-ok.gif

Matt, PM me know when you are next going on a track day and, if I am booked on the same one, I will be happy to take you out in my R with all the suspension mods so you can see the difference between a stock and modified car.

No, the turbo won't be fitted for a few months, but you might just decide to go for the AmD Stage 4... laugh.gif

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Matt, PM me know when you are next going on a track day and, if I am booked on the same one, I will be happy to take you out in my R with all the suspension mods so you can see the difference between a stock and modified car.

No, the turbo won't be fitted for a few months, but you might just decide to go for the AmD Stage 4... laugh.gif

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time out is to the Ring cool.gif I'll be found doing laps from the 11th of Aug to the 15th 169144-ok.gif Round and Round and Round !!

Just had a look on Neuspeeds website and they list the 25mm version is this what your running ?

http://neuspeed.com/products/product_det...o&p_id=1877

MauveGecko what out of the 3 settings are you running on the front and the rear on your R ?

Cheers

matt

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Surely the Haldex upgrade is the first mod to dial out some of the understeer. Albeit the most expensive!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Do this mod after the rest of them if you are doing them one at a time. The car naturally understeers because the front and rear are set up to do this out of the factory - it's "safer" to understeer than it is to oversteer, according to the manufacturers.

. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, so you can see the crash coming and brace for it.... not going to happen if you're travelling backwards (oversteer goe wrong!!))

smile.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

MauveGecko what out of the 3 settings are you running on the front and the rear on your R ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't run the adjustable one - they've only just released this. I run 25mm front and 22mm rear. Next mod is probably the FK suspension after I've been out in Helfinger's .:R. My only slight concern is the hardness of the ride with the uprated suspension as I do a lot of miles - we'll have to see.

I'm at Donington again on 9th August, booked through Book-A-Track so you'll probably be on your way to Germany by then.

Have fun on the Norschleife... ECLIPSe.gif

beerchug.gif