EIP - shipping

Dan32

I know this has been mentioned in another post but thought it would be easier to start new one. Been trying to order a CAI from EIP. Westec in UK are quoting 3 months if there last order was anything to go by which is still pending, I hasten to add (they only order once a month from EIP). Just got phone call from The Phirm, the other importer(they just have an open order with EIP as they get so much from them, and whenever any of that order is ready it gets shipped), and he has quoted 5 days minimum to 2 weeks max. Its really down to what EIP are manufacturing from month to month as to whether they can ship something quickly. But I've heard enough horror stories to make me think that this CAI could take longer. For the record, I've ordered one of the DBP colour match Complete Cold Air Intakes with the AEM bypass valve, so its not an off the shelf piece anyway. Add to this if you've had problems and maybe we've got a case to go back to EIP and give them some customer feedback.

Good call on the new thread Dan. It was 7 weeks for the matt black CAI I ordered from them. I filed a polite customer service comment with them and heard sweet f.a. back from them.

When I eventually got through to the right person on the phone after 4 weeks, they said they paint batches of them in the same colour, one week at a time, so DBP one week, matt black the next etc. crazy.gif

Oh, and when you get the stuff from them, make sure the air bypass valve is the right size - they shipped a 2.5" one to start with and then, after I called them to explain that "it wasn't really very good was it?" they shipped a 3" (which is what's needed for the R32 CAI) which arrived yet another week later. Ended up going to a local industrial pipe manufacturer to get some (very attractive!) green rubber hose with 3" internal diameter, as the car was already in pieces in my VW engineer's workshop.

Don't ask about the looks I got when I was asked what it was for.

Unfortunately EIP have done it for me - won't be buying anything else from them... frown.gif

Flush.gif