More power

collease

Im thinking about adding a bit more power to my car. Its a mkIV golf 1.8T but im not sure where to start looking. Just really want it to have more grunt. Can anyone give me an idea of pricing or somewhere to look. Im in East anglia and need a bit of guidence. confused.gif

1.8T, 150bhp I presume.... weel you have a ton of options open to you!

Chipping, Exhust, Air Filter / CAI, bigger intercooler, etc etc etc.

Also, faster can be achieved by improving the handling and the engine mounts - less engine movement = less energy wasted and quicker progress!!

smile.gif

I would suggest you go for a remap to start with, for a couple of reasons:

1) It is relatively cheap

2) Neither your insurance company nor VW can tell if one has been applied which remaps the existing ECU - try AmD in Bicester - their stage 1 remap for the 1.8T will totally transform your car - they quote an increase to 185 bhp, but you could push 190. It's all dependent on your car, because even though VW quote figures of 150 bhp as standard, you can see a difference of + or - 5 bhp

HTH

beerchug.gif

I'm with MG on that one - go for a remap first and move on from there, you may well find you're very happy with your tinkered ECU and not have to go any further. Amazing how many smiles another 35% power brings when you have the same steering wheel in your hands wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

2) Neither your insurance company nor VW can tell if one has been applied which remaps the existing ECU -

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes they can. If they want to find a remap it's easy, although not usually done. The VW diagnostic computer will not show a remap but increasingly, insurers are using other equipment to check for remapping, and can deny insurance cover if it's discovered.

Best be telling your insurers if you do it.

[ QUOTE ]

Best be telling your insurers if you do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with you on this Rusty - my insurers know about the mods on my R. Of course, I wouldn't endorse modifying a car and not notifying your insurance company - some people choose not to that's all...

beerchug.gif