Worn Steering wheel...

CactusGreen

Any thoughts of a product to put back the colour/finish to a worn/marked steering wheel? Low miles on the car 33K on a '98 Peugeot but a poor driving style I guess as the inner faces of part of the wheel have worn away the black finsh leaving a lighter grey - this is not a leather wheel. Need something like those shoe polishes confused.gif only one that does not come off on your hands iamwithstupid.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Have you tied to clean it with megs leather cleaner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Would be my suggestion too Tom. It's as good as any other product for this specific job. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

NOT on a leather wheel, it's on a Peugeot 306, not my car in the sig - does this stuff just clean or is it coloured in some way, the surface has worn off so not dirty just gone confused.gif

It's ink that has worn off. I seem to remember they call it ink, it was more common on older cars - much rarer these days.

Anyway, we can recolour leather steering wheel, but it requires special paints which are more hardwearing... in fact we have only been able to do it a couple of months. Steering wheel recieve loads of wear and tear.

I should think that a smart repair guy can repaint your plastic/foam steering wheel but I don't know for sure. They may have special gear to do it with, or the normal colours they use for interiro trim may be good enough.

But I certainly wouldn't recommend sploshing on indian ink or anything... it has to be the right gear or it will just come off... probably making more of a mess than you started with.