Brake squeal

emm3

Has anybody got the definitive answer for curing brake squeal on the RS6. When slowing down to a stop from 5mph the car sounds worse than a Blackpool tram, any other time it's ok, just at very low speeds. I am totally embarrassed in traffic.

The car is 15 months old and has covered 4500 miles, would this be covered under warranty ?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Has anybody got the definitive answer for curing brake squeal on the RS6.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only aftermarket brakes, sadly. OEM brakes will always end up squealing, especially after the summer warm weather; bad cooling design.

[/ QUOTE ]

Presumably a set of different pads wouldn't work then, i.e. green ones !

Your right about the warm weather though, the brakes never seem to play up in the morning, but going home, I do get stuck in stop/start traffic everyday. (and that's when I slip down the seat and hide because everybody puts their hands out thinking I'm a bus EEK2.GIF)

jump.gif

Sorry to barge-in on your forum chaps...just thought i'd chip in...

I've got Porsche discs/brakes on the front, and EBC Red's on the rear of my S8, and over the last couple of weeks I have noticed increased squealing, especially when braking from a slow speed. I certainly recall AmD (who did the upgrade) telling me that the EBC's do sqeal, especially in the warm weather, and that this is 'normal' behaviour.

Strangely, they did not sqeal when i was still bedding them in, its only now that they've started. So it could well be to do with the weather etc.

Just a thought...

Cheers