RNS-E DVD Navigation Plus Service Menu

Tnanks PeterB, that worked fine although the settings I was looking for were not in there. I am trying to get the stereo to recognise the phone I have now connected and apparently I have to somehow tell the stereo that one is actually connected. Not sure if this can be done through a service menu or by Audi plugging in their computer?

Rigreen4, all you see in the engineer menu is some test items and information about navigation and TMC and the like.

[ QUOTE ]

I am in Solihull, Birmingham. Out of interest, why are Audi being so evasive about this? Surely they must have had to do this many a time? Why are they denying all knowledge.....at worst they should be offering this service for a charge?

[/ QUOTE ]

The RNS-E (DVD Nav+) only fully integrates with the OE Audi phone kit - which Audi say you cannot retrofit. If your phone isn't an Audi one then you won't be able to dial from the RNS-E.

[ QUOTE ]

Aye and that is exactly what we want it to do. Apparently we have to set the Audio/Telephone setting to 3 - generic phone....

[/ QUOTE ]

That's only if you're using the Audi phone interface.

Since you're using a third party phone interface you should leave the coding at 1 (no phone) - otherwise you'll get errors logged as the RNS-E tries to talk over the CAN bus to an Audi phone interface that isn't there!

Just connecting the Mute and Line In wires is all you need to do with any third party phone interface.

Apparently not as that is what our installer has done but the phone auto mute/line in functions are not working and the reason for this is that Audi need to change something on the head unit. Ok this may not be changing a setting from 1 to 3, but they do need to do something on our car. Apparently it is only a 5 min job and they will be doing it this afternoon wink.gif

OK, one last thing, what version of disk do you have 2004 or 2005. Some people may not agree with me on this, but I had some problems with a 2004 disk and phone mute, when a 2005 disk was installed and the FW upgraded to 0100, the phone mute worked. This problem was seen on 2 cars.

But, the SW upgrade does a reset of the unit, have you tried a manual reset.

Hold radio and setup whilst powering on the unit, after a few secs it should reset.

Craig

Mmmm interesting. Yes we do have the 2004 disk. The car is off to Audi this afternoon and if that does not resolve the issue we will try your suggestions. Certainly won't be getting a new disk until the new TMC ones are released (hopefully later this year) but will certainly try the reset.

Car went to Audi yesterday and the first two 'mechanics' could not get my phone kit working. They then called in their super tech guy (pants on the outside and everything wink.gif ) and he spent 15mins or so fiddling with the service computer. Eventually he found the setting and got everything working. He did not have to reset the stereo using the above method (unless he just did it through the servicing tool). My disk is the 2004 version and this did not need to be replaced. Not sure what firmware I am running but guess it is the same as peterb's.

If nothing else at least my phone kit is now working as it should. Also when I click on the phone button on the sat nav it now refers me to my phone rather than confirming I have no phone connected. Job done.