im a newbie and need your advice

amarafzal

Hi Peeps

First of all im a newbie seeking some advice. I currently audi cab 54 plate 2.5 tdi sport diesel. Its pretty high spec. Im looking to sell it but not having too much luck. Its currently advertised on ebay on my mates account, please take a look:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...me=STRK:MESE:IT

I think i have been pretty realistic with the price??? yes??

Any tips and advice. My new car is coming in a few weeks so need to sell this, otherwise im going to have 2 cars!

Thanks in advance for your replies

Hi and welcome to Tyresmoke 169144-ok.gif

It's a great spec car but I'm not sure if you'll get £27k+ on a private sale.

There are similar age/mileage 2.5 Tdi Sport cabs on Audi Approved (not with the same spec mind you) with sticker prices around the same level; a cash buyer is going to knock £1000 off miniumum.

People spending that kind of money will often want the comfort of dealing with a franchised dealer.

There are also 3-6 month old 2.5 tdi s-lines with sticker prices around the £28k-£29k mark.

Listers have a June 2005 pearl black 2.5 tdi sport with 100 miles on the clock for £29,995. Some hard bargaining might see it go for £28,500

The spec includes:

[ QUOTE ]

Ebony Black Pearlescent with light grey pearl nappa leather interior

CD autochanger

Heated front and rear seats

BOSE sound system

Acoustic rear parking

Wind deflector

Xenon headlamps

Free delivery anywhere in mainland uk

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is the facelifted cab is due out in the next couple of months so people may be hanging back for that.

I'm really not the one to answer that as I have a saloon grin.gif

There are plenty of cab owners on here who are probably better placed to answer 169144-ok.gif

If you need £26,500, what about reducing the starting price on eBay to say £22,000 with a reserve of £26,500?

You may tempt more people that way.