Golf GT TDI BHP???

A51ffs

The badges are quite irrelevant unfortunately! Some GTIs are badged GTI, some GT TDI, some TDIs come with the 115 and 130 engine.. it totally depends on the car.

I don't think there was a 130 or 150 in 1998 though.. so I think it'll be 90, or 110 and I'm quite sure you won't find a 1998 car badged "GT TDI" I'm afraid.

If it was 1998, there were two options of 90 bhp and 110 bhp on the Golf - the 115 bhp engine came in in 1999 with the 6 speed box.

The GT TDI had the 110 bhp engine and was sometimes badged as a GT TDI, but that was a dealer fit option. It also had the petrol GTI interior, so it was mainly black, with pinstriped red seats.

Oh, and there was the SDI as well, but that was basically the same as the 1.6S petrol, so very low spec.

Feck, why do I keep all this stuff in my head - I only had the 98 GTTDI for 9 months... SMOKE6.GIF

HTH

beerchug.gif

The 130 replaced the 115 in 2001 (I think!) and then the 150 replaced the 130 in 2002 - I think (again) because my wife's 2002 GTTDI was 150 bhp.

This is all too confusing..! suicide.gif

B.t.w. A51ffs it is easy to get the 110 TDI remapped to around 130 bhp for around £300 if that's what does it for you.

[ QUOTE ]

Hi All,

Could anyone please tell me what the difference is if any between a Golf TDI and a Golf GT TDI in terms of BHP and spec, i am referring to 1998 models.

Cheers bowdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, if you are referring to the MK3 then yes, they came in a 90BHP (TDI) and a 110BHP (GT TDI), i was looking for a GT TDI one myself, but i think they are all left hand drive

Well, the ones i found were. frown.gif