Bracknell Tyres & Exhaust

Smudge

Ok, first things first, these guys are busy. Kind of grease monkeys, but they seem to respect half decent cars.

Just had two tyres replaced there & the service was good. Called last week looking for an odd size (225/35/19) and they came back within the hour with three options. All were considerably cheaper than anyone else in the Reading / Bracknell Area.

Points to note.

A) I arrived at around 11.30 and they were already considerably busy, whilst I waited they got busier due to it being lunchtime. I ended up staying for about an 90 mins.

B) All bolts were tightened with a torque rench rather than an airgin on my car. This could have been because I was watching, but I also had a chat with the guy working on the car. Maybe that helped - other cars were mainly being sorted with airguns, but I do have a few locking wheels nuts on the car.

C) My general impression was that they knew what they were talking about, they quoted me for 4 18" tyres for the stock Aristo's, and knew the size off the top of their head, rather than waiting for me to tell them.

D) They only have three bays, which is a major disadvantage to them.

To give you an idea on pricing, here are the prices they gave me for four (fully fitted, all inclusive etc etc) tyres for the R32 (225/45ZR18):

Eagle F1's: £102 each - £408 all 4

Pirelli Rosso's £109 each - £436 all 4

Toyo Proxes £101 each - £404 all 4

Bridgestone Potenza RE050 £117 each - £468 all 4.

I know people like My Tyres sell cheaper, but you'll have to wait for delivery, and then arrange to get them fitted.

All in all, I'd say 8/10.

169144-ok.gif

They are off Western Road, the western side of the town and just around the corner from the local dump ( absolutely no connection just coincidence.)

My daughter has just had 4 Dunlops on her Passat 205/55x16 for £268 fitted at Binfield Tyres about a mile up the road from them.

If you don't fancy the wait try Martins tyres in West End - just over the M3 from Bracknell.

Same price as Bracknell tyres and you'll be in and out in 10 minutes. They're a busy bunch and get a lot of trade customers. Place looks like a right shed though - 01276 856846.

They do use airguns but have now fitted me 8 tyres on 5 different occasions and have always looked after things properly. Prices are constantly coming down with the last 2 F1s costing me £103 each.