So, exactly how fast will an S8 go???

crasher

You'll have to excuse the musings....

Whilst viewing the AmD website, I spotted that the now offer a 'de-restricting' service for the A8/S8, removing the speed limiter (although I think that their price is steep for what is essentially a software change).

It got me wondering as to how fast my S8 would go if it were de-restricted.

Anyone know this info, or have done it?

Cheers

P.S. For reference, i've bottled it at 140 now, but certain it'll go must faster... bike.thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Sven has seen 290kmh with a boot full of luggage cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Weight has no effect on vmax, accept if the weight lowers the car there is less drag (airflow underneath), you should go faster the more you load it up. Weight blunts acceleration....

300kph is a lot of speed for a big car with 360hp, how much lower are the S8's geared?

The chappie in Saudi (forget his ID) has been 'testing' and I am not sure what he got upto before having to slow down for some fast approaching corners!

jump.gifYes I have had 275Kph which is equal to 170mph I now have new Pirelli P6000 so I'll be seeing if she will go faster...Last night only got to 250kph but there are no street lights..the nice Merc I was racing was obviously impressed since he backed off... 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You'll have to excuse the musings....

Whilst viewing the AmD website, I spotted that the now offer a 'de-restricting' service for the A8/S8, removing the speed limiter (although I think that their price is steep for what is essentially a software change).

It got me wondering as to how fast my S8 would go if it were de-restricted.

Anyone know this info, or have done it?

Cheers

P.S. For reference, i've bottled it at 140 now, but certain it'll go must faster... bike.thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My old S8 (98 on an S)was de-restricted in germany by the previous owner, I saw 170MPH from it, he says 178 on the autoban! laugh.gif

• 1 month later...