Quick Detail - Audi A4

NeilScarrott

OK So finally got round to doing the whole car with the PC, removed some blemishes and swirling, main objective was to prepare her for winter cool.gif ...

Products Used

PB SSR 2.5 with Sonus Orange, Green DAS Pads

PB SSR 1 with Sonus Blue pad

RMG with Sonus Blue pad

PB EX-P with LC Black

Collinite Marque D'Elegance with LC Black

Autoglym Glass Polish

Megs #38 tire and trim

Impressions

PB SSR line was very easy to use and effective, took several passes to remove some swirls due to the very hard Audi paint.

I was very impressed with the RMG, It did a great job of hiding some very light stone chips on the front wheel arch in particular.

I really liked EX-P, it gave a nice overall shine to the car and was very easy to use.

Finally I topped with Marque D'Elegance which applied very thinly via PC (I don't think i'll need to buy another tin for years!), removal wasn't that difficult, compared to application and removal by hand which was a bitch (under the mirror where the PC couldn't get).

The Collinite really is a tremendous product, after 2 rain storms over the weekend the water just beads so tightly and falls off the car! shocked.gif

The car dries very quickly and still maintains the shine.

The Megs #38 was used on all plastic, rubber parts and I was impressed with it. It is quite an oily product to use, but gives a nice sheen, i'll be interested to see how long it lasts.

Finally the AG Glass Polish, this product really spat out alot of dust, and I mean alot, it covered the car, I was pretty disappointed with it. In future I think it'll be applied by hand only!

Pics

Not many pics i'm afraid, the camera battery was on it's last legs, will have to get more next time.

FullDetail1.jpg

FullDetail2.jpg

FullDetail3.jpg

Wow looking good! The #38 should last you 4 weeks inc washings before it fades.

How long did it take you? I have an A4 coming up and although you say quick detail the process looks 'long'. Did you remove all swirling with the pc as well?

I am tempted to use the rotary on mine for speed!!

When I say "Quick" I mean a bloody long time! It took me most of the day from 9 AM.

I did some swirl removal, mainly on the boot lid and can say that you will need a rotary otherwise you will spend along time with the PC, took about 3 passes with 2.5 to get it looking good.

4 weeks for #38 will be fantastic, dead easy to apply, would be happy to do that every 4 weeks.

I think the neighbours thought i'd lost the plot, but i'm not bothered about what anybody else thinks! beerchug.gif