• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ooooo run for the hills

The Audi A3's have the same problems and the Mk V golfs and the new passats

The problem is currently under investagation by V.A.G. at my dealer we have been told to other a modified PAS Rack and Control unit but like "the great coil tower shortage of 2001 to 2003" there are few streering racks in the country, so most car that come though are doors just get a quick road-test then ckeck over, and put on the waiting list for a new streering rack.

yep, I know both my GTI demos have this exact problem, the last one registered in July is deffo noisier than my new Sept regd one. It does also seem to be turning left and is also much more noticeable when the car is cold!

From conversations with our Licensed/Master Tech, VW seem to think it is a sofware issue at the moment! We are most definatly not fitting racks at all as any dealer that does will not get paid by VW for changing racks until a solution is published.

All Matt is doing is improving customer service, if you have logged the issue with the dealer, and this issue is hardly a secret so , if we're made aware of the fix, that's fine. If it's an official fix we should expect to be told by our dealers, but we all know that doesn't always happen, so Matt letting us know is as far as I'm concerned demonstrating customer service.

Funny you should say that! I discovered that my, not small, dealer isn't even on broadband and also that most individual employees don't have email addresses or access. Same people that after LeMan had such a nightmare series of delays wouldn't even fill his tank with his choice (Optimax) but only the standard petrol they use! Mean feckers!!

[ QUOTE ]

Matt R, if VW find you putting official technical bulletin on TSN they will cut your hands off next time you go to Milton Keyne for a training course !!!

NONO3.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Mulkbear, I don't go training, am not a technician and who said anything about posting an official technical bulletin, I really am not that stupid!

So get off your high horse! buttcheeks.gif