Headlight condensation

Paley

I recall on my TT I used to get condensation within the headlight units. This would always dry out when the lights had been on for a while. Didn't experience this with my Cab, but I notice one of the lights on my new Avant has this problem. Anybody experienced this? Is it to be expected or perhaps a broek seal or something?

[ QUOTE ]

I recall on my TT I used to get condensation within the headlight units. This would always dry out when the lights had been on for a while. Didn't experience this with my Cab, but I notice one of the lights on my new Avant has this problem. Anybody experienced this? Is it to be expected or perhaps a broek seal or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its very noticeable on my cab, but only sometimes! The other day they were misted up nearly completely! smashfreakB.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Mmmmmmm. After trying to go sailing in the A4 today I have noticed my fog lights appear to be somewhat condensed/waterlogged.

Any ideas? I tried leaving them on for 10 minutes (car parked in the garage not driven Saxo style on a public road smirk.gif) but it didn't seem to help (they obviously don't throw out as much heat as the main beams).

The fogs aren't very well sealed - it's only a rubber seal on the bulb. The H11 is a 55watt bulb , so will get as hot as the H7 mains.

I think you'd need to drive the car with them on - just to get the air moving around them a bit.

Go on , pretend you're a BM' driver for 20 mins tongue.gif

BUB 1.gif

[ QUOTE ]

After trying to go sailing in the A4 today I have noticed my fog lights appear to be somewhat condensed/waterlogged.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we may have uncovered the root of your problem. Next time, try using a boat instead. This way your foglights will stay dry znaika.gif