Water in the footwells

crasher

Ho ho ho, i'm sure Craigyb suffered from this a while back...

Sunday I finally got round to taking out my head unit so I could remove the last of the dension wiring and restore the CD changer.

Upon lifting out all of the mats in the drivers footwell (to access the splendidly hidden cabling) i noticed that the sponge padding of the lower mat was sodden. The upper mat was bone dry, and we've not had much in the way of rain recently.

So... how did it get there?

I've had a re-occurrence of the 'gurgling water' noise comming from the front vents (in fact it happened last friday) despite my local dealers assurance that they had cleared the condensate traps and pipes during the service last week (at my insistence).

I'm sure there is an easy answer, and i'm sure it will involve yet another trip to Listers...

any clues?

Cheers

smashfreakB.gif

Yes, just make sure you put a jubilee clip over the hose/ orange part otherwise you'll give the interior a bath. Just for good measure put a large rag around the joint so if the water pressure does disconnect the joint you'll have some form of damage limitation. And increase the pressure slowly have someone at the tap and you stay with the joint preferably holding it with your hands 169144-ok.gif and watch the crap fow out grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

No its niether, I'm an Aerospace engineer working at Dowty's, I think I've seen RAINCOATS 8 a blue colour facelift, near GCHQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats me - the purplish/blue 8. I drive past GCHQ on the way to/from work every day.