Northeast Meet - 16th October 2005

NewNiceMrMe

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Might not be able to make it, as I'm a raging homo who keeps editing peoples submissions!!! 123576-assfeck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Milo behave yourself 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Moi? ROLLEY~14.GIF

If anyone is in 2 minds about coming to this, I would make the effort as the route MrMe is proposing is a fantasic driver's route. By that I don't mean you have to flog your car to within an inch of it's life or rack up 3 figure speeds, but it takes in some lovely tight winding roads, blind summits for that wobbly stomach feeling and long straights for those feeling adventurous.

Plus a lot of it will be through some beautiful Northumberland scenery which as Autumn approaches, is even more spectacular 169144-ok.gif

If I make it I want to be driving behind someone with a RA2 coffee.gif

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is indeed a fantastic route. In fact it'll be even better - because I don't intend taking us the normal way either!

I'll be going on the route I used to take my M3 on every Sunday morning. A sublime twisty route that is seldom busy...but always brings a huge smile to your face!

Not sure if I'll be smiling too much though. I'll have to concentrate to keep the 6 on the twisties!

Oh, and the RAII will be switched on!

++ UPDATE ++ UPDATE ++ UPDATE ++

Hmm, not the showing I was hoping for. The update is more related to the pub I'd intended us to stop for lunch at - the buggers won't accept a block booking.

I know of another though so can you all please reply and state whether you definately want to stop off for a pub lunch or not?

Also, twist or break the arms of a few more people to join in! Do whatever you must, legal or not.

I'd like to get something to eat too, definately. It's easily sorted though because there are lots of places to get a good lunch en route. I just want to be sure everyone wants to stop for lunch and get a count - so I can give the right figures. In a lot of the places up here you can turn up and find they'll only let you in with a booking on a Sunday.

EDITED TO ADD: GOOD NEWS! The long term forecast is for a dry and bright day! This could all change of course, but fingers crossed!

[ QUOTE ]

Also a couple from a 'lesser known' Audi enthusiasts site are going to attend and am in the process of trying to drum up some more people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Top man P_G! I'm going to mention it to the BMW Car Club Northeast section and see if a few of them want to join us.

[ QUOTE ]

I'll try my best to make this but might not be able to do the whole day 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not there for the whole day as the wife is off as a rarity for the weekend and I've got a 5 hour pass. Would be good to meet you at last Milo.... 169144-ok.gif

++ UPDATE ++ UPDATE ++ UPDATE ++

Please note we will be meeting at the NORTHBOUND services.

I'd hate to think half of the mob were left waiting for everyone on the other side of the carriageway...

MrMe

OmiHemps

Djbs4

Milo?

Shark_90

P_G

Insurance_jon

Another Audi (P_G arranged)

Another Audi (P_G arranged)

[ QUOTE ]

I'd like to get something to eat too, definately. It's easily sorted though because there are lots of places to get a good lunch en route. I just want to be sure everyone wants to stop for lunch and get a count - so I can give the right figures. In a lot of the places up here you can turn up and find they'll only let you in with a booking on a Sunday.

EDITED TO ADD: GOOD NEWS! The long term forecast is for a dry and bright day! This could all change of course, but fingers crossed!

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris, count me in for lunch and thank you very much it was nice of you to offer!!! sekret.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris, count me in for lunch and thank you very much it was nice of you to offer!!! sekret.gif169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I told the BMW Car Club that you were paying. It's okay though, because most of them don't carry weapons. Well, most.

Omi...no need to worry....it looks like none of them want to come! I forgot they're going on a run to Whitby this weekend and I opted out of it.

Anyway, there are a good few E30's in our region that are members. If it hadn't been for the Whitby run then a white E30 M3 would have shown for sure, as would a red E30 M325i that is in utterly mint condition. Not to mention the most stunning 635CSi you'd ever lay your eyes on. Alas, they're all buggering off to Whitby.