Hi to all

pambs

I thought it was proper to introduce myself since i ve started posting.

My name is Charalambos, i'm 24 and i'm from sunny Cyprus

Up until now i owned a 300zx TT with lots of mods, but i like the A4 Cabri a lot and i'm getting one pretty soon, as soon as i figure out which model suits me better.

Hi and welcome,

I have been looking into the A4 cabrios and the majority of reports/people on here say that you are best to either go for the 'punchy' 1.8T engine or 3.0, something to do with fuel economy and speed of its V6 engine. I am sure guys on here who know more than me will enlighten on this for you.

Anyway this is a top friendly forum were you will find answers to your Audi questions.

Enjoy !

Hi Pambs and welcome aboard. beerchug.gif

Agreed, general concensus seems to be that the 1.8T or 3.0 are the engines of choice, not that the 2.4 or diesel don't have their followers too.

I wrote a comparison between the 1.8T and 3.0 cabrio, see it by clicking HERE

Good luck with the search and keep us posted, they really are a wonderful car, if a little less sporty than you;ve been used to.

oh indeed, not trying to talk you out of it, I'd have the A4 Cab every time! But make sure it is sport spec, and if you can afford to buy/run it, go for the 3.0, I've a feeling you might find the 1.8T a little lacking after what you've been used to...

1.8T is still a fine car, it's what I have. Not super quick, but a gutsy feel to engine means that it never feels less than sufficient.

SPort spec in UK is 17 inch wheels (16 normally), sport (stiffened) suspension, sports seats (more wrap around, lumber adjustment, tilt adjustment as well as height and adjustable length squab) and three spoke steering wheel (normal is four). All these items are available individually, so having just one of them doesn't necessarily make it sport spec.

However the way the options work in another country may be quite different, might be worth getting a brochure and checking.

[ QUOTE ]

I think buying all the sport stuff from UK will cost me less than getting an original sport model

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't get a Sport out in Cyprus I wouldn't bother ordering all of the bits, just lower the suspension and the car will handle just as well. It's a shame about the seats but not something that's worth spending a lot of money swappping over