JWR Exhaust

McGee

Found this on Flebay. Anyone got one or heard of them. Ebay Website/ shop looks a bit naff but pictures etc look like a blue flame I have been looking at. I know they might not be pictures of the actual one but was curious as it seems quite reasonable for a de-cat exhaust. Not sure about the power claims either. Views and opinions greatly appreciated

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JWR-STAINLESS-STEE...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope the link works as I am computer illiterate and have never done one before. If it does not can someone, moderator, give some basic advice.

I for one, highly recommend the Millteks....Performance exhausts which don't sound harsh and boy-racerish, handmade by people who genuinely care about their product. Nearly all, if not all, the established tuners work with Millteks. I'm not saying the others aren't good too. Check 'em out and decide for yourself 169144-ok.gif

Call me thick and you probably will but is £295 for cat back only? I understand this to mean everything behind cat. If you want to take off the cat, to use on a track only of course officer, then this knocks the price up by how much? JWR is a de-cat system and I thought, in ignorance, that £500 seemed reasonable for this in view of other prices, but why compromise quality for a few quid. Anyway have been looking at Blue Flame and Milltek cat back systems on some of the links and in view of comments above will probably opt for one of these. Thanks for help all.

It's not just a case of taking the cat of and running the car - you've got a zillion sensors on the R32 and trying to short out the lambda probes is a bad idea.

Blue Flame don't do hi-flow cats. Milltek do, hence one of the reasons for going down the Milltek route - you'll gain around an extra 8bhp on a remapped car (on top of the additional bhp gained from the remap). About £795 + VAT for the Milltek Hi-Flow Sports cats IIRC

HTH

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It's not just a case of taking the cat of and running the car - you've got a zillion sensors on the R32 and trying to short out the lambda probes is a bad idea.

Blue Flame don't do hi-flow cats. Milltek do, hence one of the reasons for going down the Milltek route - you'll gain around an extra 8bhp on a remapped car (on top of the additional bhp gained from the remap). About £795 + VAT for the Milltek Hi-Flow Sports cats IIRC

HTH

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I e-mailed them to ask about the price and now they're e-mailing me asking if I'm interested and that they could do me the system without the Cat-bypass.

Don't have the heart (or balls) to tell them that I have one and was being a cheeky feecker!

smile.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

not sure if they're offering a cat replacement system or not

- they seem to describe that but that picture is of a blueflame cat back system with the resonator, not cat replacement system

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Cat replacement by Cat-bypass by the wording of the ad and the e-mail they send me!

smile.gif