T4 2.5 TDI

billybruiser

Hi chaps, i need some help on getting more from my humble work van, its a T4 transporter 2.5 TDi, 03 plate. having serched the net, i see there are many chips about for this engine, which i might try. but was wondering what else can be done to improve performance on this engine, 5 cylinder engine should be able to give me much more than the 88 bhp im getting now frown.gif was this engine fitted to other vw or audis??? many thanks for any help. ps great forum guys

Thanks for tha link smile.gif what do you think you can realisticly get power-wise from this type of engine? im tempted to trade it in for a newer T5, but im not so sure about the 1.9 engines in the new ones. i do like the grunt of the 5 cylinder 2.5. cheers.on the logbook it says 2461cc is this the 2.5 model then??

At 2461cc it is the 2.5 TDI. The engine is more about torque (i.e. pulling grunt) than all out power. Going to 132 bhp from the current 102 now will be fine - it's the additional 45 lb/ft torque that will make so much difference.

The 1.9 engines in the T5 are about the same for power, but not as much torque. If I was going for a T5, I would get the 2.5 174 bhp version and get it remapped to 200 bhp 169144-ok.gif