Top gear S8?

willg60

I've just been informed by my bird that Top Gear were test driving an S8? Did she get that right and if so is there a repeat? I didn't finish work until 10 tonight (need to finance that new box!) ... anyone else see this, or is my bird just being ... well a bird !!! was probably an A2 deisel or something .. !

Think is he's right the motoring press always seem to put BMW before Audi because it's rear wheel drive and they can slide the back end out but because Audi are 4wd in there eye's less entertaining, they never seem to take into account biuld quality and bad weather conditions.

It really made a change Clarkson finding an Audi he liked 169144-ok.gif

I personaly do not want power slides on public roads, so the RS4 will be just the ticket for me or an S8, the last M5 2002mod I drove was a laim duck under 5K on the clock, does not make for entertaining driving just manic when the RPM kick in.Go or NO GO, don't like that. suicide.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Get out Sneaky, how dare you say such things in the Audi corner slap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I call'em as I see'em FF. Look at history m8.

Plus I have had 4 Audi's and 0 BMW's. I dont get time to go thrapping in the car, so I go for the better built car. If I needed the fun and handling I'd have a look at a Beemer!

tongue.gif

Well the last M3 was alot quicker than the last S4, and with the same HP. I would still take the S4. But, the new RS4 is what 420 HP, I can't see them putting another 80 HP in an M3, they wont change the 6 pot as it's got too much history - and they wont get any more power from a 3.2 straight 6, it's on the limits already, surely! (and they don't turbo...)

On another note, there is a new film coming out with that cockney mush from Snatch, the films main star is a 12 cyclinder A8 !!! nice one 169144-ok.gif

If I had the money frown.gif that RS4 In super bright red would be top of my shopping list notworthy.gif

I was well impressed by that climber though, how can he climb that fast notworthy.gif, when he stood at the top on the edge and put his hands in the air my knees went wobbly and I was just sat in front of the TV.

If that'd been me standing there the show would have er ended suddenly, AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH splat ROLLEY~14.GIF

At the end of the day if you buy that kind of car your not expecting it to be frugal you buy it for the performance if you want ecconomy you buy a diesel.

I only do about 8ooo miles a year in my car so i'm not bothered about fuel ecconomy, if it was my company where i do about 30000 miles a year then i would think twice.

[ QUOTE ]

I was well impressed by that climber though, how can he climb that fast notworthy.gif, when he stood at the top on the edge and put his hands in the air my knees went wobbly and I was just sat in front of the TV.

If that'd been me standing there the show would have er ended suddenly, AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH splat ROLLEY~14.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Used to do this sort of climbing back in the days when I was young-free-and-single (and considerably fitter than i am now). Spent most weekday-evenings and weekends down at High-rocks in Kent.

Gave it up when a mate of mine got killed on a climb in Cheddar Gorge of all places!

Just seeing the film on Top Gear brought it all back as to how much fun it was...