1st problem

dunk5y

Ok had my 1999 S8 now for 3 months with trouble free motoring smile.gif

But i have just came across my first problem... fekr.gif

My Airbag warning light came on the other day and has stopped on since...!!

Done a quick search through the forums but found nothing of any help.

If anyone can help me out on this is would be fantastic but as always with these cars i fear this will cost a fortune frown.gif

Many Thanks in advance for any help

Sell it? Come on Will us 8 owners stick by our machines don't we UHOH7.GIF

Anyway have a look under the rear seat bench should be easy to remove depending on whether you have electirc rear seats; any way the connectors for the rear airbags are under there and can easily become detached, hence the light. Just plug them back in and get the light reset using VAGcom or the stealer... Gis a shout if you need more info 169144-ok.gif

Ska, how can you say that... you post about once a week with a new problem!!! I know they are not cheap to run and I always expect to cough up some dollar, but I don't expect a 6 year old car (especially in this bracket) with a full Audi history, to go wrong so often. If I have to buy a new box for mine, I might as well of just chucked 5k down the drain, which is what I stand to loose in 2 months ownership of the S8 (thats over half the value of the car), would I take this gamble again? hell no.

And the last 8 I had cost me nearly 4k in the 10 months I had it, and that was lower mileage again with full history. It speaks for itself, they are great cars, but they ARE unreliable and will (unless you are lucky) cost you an arm and a leg to run. Sorry guys, I love the car, but even if I can afford to throw cash at it, it just isn't worth the hassle (not to mention the grief one gets at the stealers).

dunk5y:

Try to erase it by VAGCOM. It happens sometimes, due to construction of the seat sensor - in some cases (mix of the load on the specific part of the seat and with / or for example moving the seat).

My daughter as a passenger has a unique ability to call this fault once a week. Fortunately, I have hard/soft-ware to cancell it.

To make it perfect, changing of the sensor / wiring shall help.

Cheers SKA will have a look at the rear seats at the weekend its too dark when i get home from work at the moment....

Zapp.... unfortunalty i do not have VAGCOM so cannot hook it up so to speak, i know its probably mentioned somewhere on this site but how much does a VAGCOM kit cost and where is the best place to purchase one from?

P.S i did not want to start a war over the problems these cars can have wink.gif