Car broken into / my taste in music

theduisbergkid

I recall Ari (I think it was) posting saying someone had broken into his car to steal his tomtom. I posted something smug like "well I take mine out", well guess what happened on Sunday in the festering sewer that goes by the name of Rutland St NCP Car park in Leicester ?

I took the tomtom out, but left the suction cup mount in. Came back later to find the passenger window smashed ... nothing was taken, but the kids were scared. Car now modified to have a flapping plastic bag over the window...

The 'good' thing is that nothing was taken, and there was a smear of blood on the glovebox where they had been looking. Spoke to a mate in CID, and someone will take a sample for DNA, and (hopefully) nick the culprit.

What I am more worried about, is that they didn't pinch my CDs. What is wrong with my taste in music ? I had Hard Fi, The Vines, the Strokes, l.f.o., and the Stone Roses, and they left the lot ??? confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I had Hard Fi, The Vines, the Strokes, l.f.o., and the Stone Roses, and they left the lot ??? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

WHO???? ... Sorri, Maybe I'm too young to know who they are. My advice is start listening to 2Pac and u'll soon see that people want ur cd's! laugh.gif hehe ... Sori 2 hear about the broken window.

Indeed. Is a pain in the arse but I've heard cars being broken into on the evidence of the mount is on the up.

But then you take the mount out and the suction mark is on the screen.... crazy.gif

I only put the TomTom and bracket in car if I need it (not often), but it is a worry.

Scumbags. openfire.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I had Hard Fi, The Vines, the Strokes, l.f.o., and the Stone Roses, and they left the lot ??? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

WHO???? ... Sorri, Maybe I'm too young to know who they are. My advice is start listening to 2Pac and u'll soon see that people want ur cd's! laugh.gif hehe ... Sori 2 hear about the broken window.

[/ QUOTE ]

2pac ?! SchmooPac !! I saw public enemy live in 1987 who were great, but like most people I grew out of Rap in my 20's.

[ QUOTE ]

I have a phone mount I'm about to put in the car. Is that a bad idea? it will just sit there on the dashboard, but I'm planning to hardwire it in. confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a car phone cradle in mine. I don't believe these are such a target as most would assume (rightly) that people keep their phones on them so unlikely to be left in car.

No one really wants to carry around a TomTom though so much more likely to be in glovebox or under seat etc.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have a phone mount I'm about to put in the car. Is that a bad idea? it will just sit there on the dashboard, but I'm planning to hardwire it in. confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a car phone cradle in mine. I don't believe these are such a target as most would assume (rightly) that people keep their phones on them so unlikely to be left in car.

No one really wants to carry around a TomTom though so much more likely to be in glovebox or under seat etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

IDEA ! I will carry the tomtom with me, stuffed down the front 169144-ok.gifof my kecks, that should impress the ladies, especially when it shouts out 'ahead, go straight on' !

[ QUOTE ]

I had Hard Fi, The Vines, the Strokes, l.f.o., and the Stone Roses, and they left the lot ???

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have left the CD's too. no, infact, I would have scuffed them, so you cannot insult your ears.

Get some Basement Jaxx, Jamiroquai, Outkast, Nuyorican Soul, Gorillaz etc. Then they would have been stolen. But then again, they can probably download all they want and what they didn't download, they probably got off some-one elses stolen iPOD!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I had Hard Fi, The Vines, the Strokes, l.f.o., and the Stone Roses, and they left the lot ???

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have left the CD's too. no, infact, I would have scuffed them, so you cannot insult your ears.

Get some Basement Jaxx, Jamiroquai, Outkast, Nuyorican Soul, Gorillaz etc. Then they would have been stolen. But then again, they can probably download all they want and what they didn't download, they probably got off some-one elses stolen iPOD!

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif

Fristly sorry to hear about the break in.

Fortunate in that my car has built in satnav and so its not really nickable to the unknowing theif. In the case of TOM TOMs though, is it easy to remove suction pad too and only install the thing if you know you are going to need it for that particular journey, guess leaving it in the car all the time and not using it all the time is asking for trouble?

Bad news about the break in. The method is called crack and scan and is normally done when there is some evidence of tasty hardware being in the car. Dashmounts can be a give away as can head units with removeable faceplates. You'd be amazed how many people remove the kit from view only to put it in the glovebox or under the front seat.

If in doubt, remove the suction mount as well and put em in the boot.

Secondly, Rutland St. car park. Have you noticed that all areads have that "public lift" smell grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Secondly, Rutland St. car park. Have you noticed that all areads have that "public lift" smell

[/ QUOTE ]

stale pi55 smell- you mean?

I am sure that Ian_C and co will be exchanging your windows very soon.

The A8 has double glazed windows, so it takes a rhino at full tilt to smash through it. But the vermin are everywhere. Probably watch the car park guards (if any) routine so know how long they have to smash'n'grab.

Might get £20 for it down the Dog & Duck for a Crack Rock. Hopefully kill themselves on it. openfire.gif

[ QUOTE ]

They were looking for the stowed away TomTom, due to the bracket. They probably were not interested in anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calls for this are becoming increasingly frequent. Only really noticed it over the last six months or so. One cust I served a fortnight back had both his cars broken into as they both had dash mounts. Nothing stolen, just two pools of glass.

I'm going to stop short of using capital red letters but I cannot be blunt enough - do not leave the mount in the car. Putting the mount into the boot when you reach your destination is even worse though - a huge 'look at me' - hidding blatant valuables out of sight. Hide them all under the seats before you park up. That obviously includes all mounts and cigarette wires.

Take it you got your glass sorted okay TDK?

Ian

[ QUOTE ]

Bad news about the break in. The method is called crack and scan and is normally done when there is some evidence of tasty hardware being in the car. Dashmounts can be a give away as can head units with removeable faceplates. You'd be amazed how many people remove the kit from view only to put it in the glovebox or under the front seat.

If in doubt, remove the suction mount as well and put em in the boot.

Secondly, Rutland St. car park. Have you noticed that all areads have that "public lift" smell grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it stank of p1ss, and the stairs were lit in that neon blue, which I am told it to make it hard for junkies ot find their veins (and so to discourage junkies from going there), grim place. Lesson learned...