2.0T Fsi s-line Quattro remap

jonnie

[ QUOTE ]

cheers for info sorry whats sports cats? and hows an exhaust make so much diff???

[/ QUOTE ]

Sports cats are also known as hi-flow catalytic converters (which is where the "cat" comes from).

A cat has a load of cells in it to take all the nasty stuff out of the exhaust gases. The standard cats on all factory cars are very restrictive to meet emissions regs.

From the Milltek site:

"Your original catalytic converter will typically have 400 or 600 cells per square inch (cpsi), these original cats are restrictive in their flow, typically allowing an open area of around 55-65%.

A Milltek Sport Hi-flow Sports Cat which will be fully integrated into a large bore downpipe, has only 100-200 cpsi depending on application. These cats have an open area of between 75-85%, thus reducing back pressure substantially and increasing flow rates, all very desirable for extracting more performance, especially on turbocharged engines. Emission levels are maintained at legal limits by careful selection of the volume of the metallic substrate. Lamda probe positions remain unchanged from the original equipment."

http://www.millteksport.com/hiflow.sports.cats.cfm

HTH

beerchug.gif

I have an A4 2.0T and got mine re-mapped with Superchips. I have done about 16,000 miles of which 14,000 is with the remap. The performance increase is quite impressive. It has added circa 40-45bhp and 30-40 foot pounds of torque.

0-60 has improved by about 1 second, and 0-100 by about three seconds.

for £500 it really is worth it providing the engine doesnt pack up and Audi tell me that my warranty is void.

I would recommend Superchips and would also try AMD.

Good luck with it

[ QUOTE ]

I have an A4 2.0T and got mine re-mapped with Superchips. I have done about 16,000 miles of which 14,000 is with the remap. The performance increase is quite impressive. It has added circa 40-45bhp and 30-40 foot pounds of torque.

for £500 it really is worth it providing the engine doesnt pack up and Audi tell me that my warranty is void.

Good luck with it

[/ QUOTE ]

When superchips re-mapped your car did they flash it via the OBD port or physically remove the ECU and bench flash it??

im defo gonna get a remap done its jsut the quattro is already adding 2k onto price but if its my intentions to remap then from reading all the threads i need 4wd as opposed to 2wd if i did settle for a 2wd then id have another decision of the 2.0t fsi sline or golf gti i dont understand why it gets such good reviews and the a3 hardly gets a mention

[ QUOTE ]

im defo gonna get a remap done its jsut the quattro is already adding 2k onto price but if its my intentions to remap then from reading all the threads i need 4wd as opposed to 2wd if i did settle for a 2wd then id have another decision of the 2.0t fsi sline or golf gti i dont understand why it gets such good reviews and the a3 hardly gets a mention

[/ QUOTE ]

How about, buy your 2.0T Quattro, enjoy it for a few months, break the engine in, and then get it re-mapped? 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It was a mobile van and I think he is linked to one of the centres in Bucks.

Are you happy with your remap?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I am very happy with the car now. They have done a really good job on mapping the car, it even pulls to redline which is very rare for a diesel.

I would definately recommend superchips, the product really is great. There's a link to some videos in my sig of the car post-remap.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Good luck with it

[/ QUOTE ]

When superchips re-mapped your car did they flash it via the OBD port or physically remove the ECU and bench flash it??

[/ QUOTE ]

I see where you are going here 169144-ok.gif........Its different than the TDI engines. The new Turbo FSI ECUs will crash 90% of the time when trying to communicate over OBD. BDM must be used to keep things hassle free.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Good luck with it

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see where you are going here 169144-ok.gif........Its different than the TDI engines. The new Turbo FSI ECUs will crash 90% of the time when trying to communicate over OBD. BDM must be used to keep things hassle free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that Will? Don't they use the same Bosch EDC16 ECU?

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

hi Ntbritt and Benjamin TDI,

was the ecu taken out due to the immobiliser kicking in through the OBD port and reseting the software, and if so, would this affect the use of a SP1, 2, or 3?

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the OBDII port wouldn't let them in when they tried to flash through there. They had to remove the ECU & bench flash it

I am sorry but I don't know if it would interefere with the SP equipment from Revo, I should imagine not, I would have thought they reprogram it when they do the re-map.

Cheers

hey ben, didn't realise you were in devon. if you come across me on the a38, give me a flicker of your lights.

one question is with all the remaps, how much more does it cost insurance wise? i'm with directline/privilege and i suspect they do not like modding cars.

[ QUOTE ]

hey ben, didn't realise you were in devon. if you come across me on the a38, give me a flicker of your lights.

one question is with all the remaps, how much more does it cost insurance wise? i'm with directline/privilege and i suspect they do not like modding cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whereabouts are you? I am just 10 mins north of Okehampton.

On the insurance it really depends, can be anywhere from £50 upwards I guess.

I've just ordered a remap for my 2.0T FSI q but we seem to have a bit of a moore sofisticated system over here in Sweden.

A company called BSR makes a remap that is on a small PDA size thing that you then yourself can remap your car with to the tuning program or the standard program. This way you can for example have the standard 200bhp when you get your car serviced, so the audi dealer can't notice that anything is done to the engine.

from www.bsrab.se

"

PPC® - the optimal OBD tuning system

Unique tuning technology developed by Swedish high-tech company BSR.

The PPC® is supplied with a highly developed and sophisticated tuning program from BSR.

The PPC® Tuning System is easily installed and will after a few minutes be provided with a tuning program via the car's diagnostic port. If the need to reverse the programming exists, the original can be recalled just as fast.

For reasons of security, the PPC® unit has been designed so that it "marries" itself to the car to which it is first connected.

Updates can be done via Internet.

At the present time, the PPC® Tuning System is available for the following car models Audi, BMW, Opel, Mercedes, Saab, Seat, Skoda, Volvo, VW.

The compatible carmodels are clear from the site."

I have the REVI ecu re-map done at Aldon Automotive in Brierley Hill, West Mids about 7 weeks ago. My car only had 4000 on the clock so was barely run in. (6500 now)

I only run on shell optimax fuel and the difference is fantastic. Its a bit of a monster on full boost the_finger.gif, yet will run as gentle and smooth as a kitten SLEEP5.GIF when required. Fuel consumption seems about the same, but I am pressing harder at times to impress people (mainly myself).

I do not know the full power output as Aldon's Dyno couldn't handle the quattro drive. But everybody noticed the increase. It pulls well in every gear and sounds great.