Bedford Autodrome - Novice Trackday - Mon Mar 13th

Biscuits

A good day out! Great to meet some more TSNers... 169144-ok.gif

Pete I want your car....another one to dribble over at Windsor meets. It is just so cruel. tongue.gif

I think it was a bit cruel parking the TT so close to the pits....maybe next time.......enjoyed the drive across Robin, that Vectra should invest in a RoadAngel instead of go faster stripes and bad attitude... grin.gif

Some lovely R32s and GTis there, very smart S4 Avant, Porsches to dribble over, and great to meet some new folks Pincher, Robin MarkII, Mook etc and always nice to see and hear Daz's throbbing beast. wink.gif And Daz, thank you for the hat, my ears were about to drop off... SAUER0421.GIF

Had a good spirited drive back to Warwick where we demolished sixteen tonnes of pasta after missing lunch and then the MX-5 went down the Fosse Way one way with JC in charge and back the other with me....oh and a McDonalds in Chippenham in the middle..... SPericani2.gif

Now, I just need to count my pennies and make an offer on that Boxster.... grin.gif

Good day out folks! beerchug.gif

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the main thing is that when you have travelled any good distance (mine was exactly 425 miles round trip) you want sixteen tons of hot pasta - Especially if your name is John_Carter, lottiefox, or Shark_90!

Mind you, if I had eaten before being a track passenger I might not have kept it all down! Is it normal to be car sick as passenger, or just me?

[ QUOTE ]

Who did you feel sick with? Jay or Mook?

[/ QUOTE ]

....Both! Worse with Jay, whose car surprisingly felt a much smoother ride - which could have been the problem. I get car sick as a passenger if I can't see out but I wasn't in the back of a van around Bedford! I just wondered if it was normal (if others get passenger sick on track).

Great day out... sorry not to spend more time with everyone, but got the 'track bug' and spent a lot of time dodging the bitter wind, drinking hot choclate and steeling biscuits.

ECLIPSe.gif

I thought Bedford organisation and rulings were spot on, enough to be safe without being parent like. The Milltek passed without question, HOW DID THAT GT2 GWET PASSED THE NOISE TEST..... EEK2.GIF

The S4 survived the day... so VERY impressed how well balanced the car is, considering the size and weight... the anti-role bars must be off a cement truck ! Brakes got a little hot, but always came trough with an extra prod.

AG's scooby was fun to passenger in... god they're good value-to-grin factor, 220 bhp version is just lacking a bit of grunt, but the handling/feedback is spot on.

PB's A3 3.2DSGQ was a larf too.... only on his second to last session the front disks warped... DOH !

Got through just over a tank of fuel, AGs scooby did nearly two tanks! MPG was a real surprise, guess I could short shift some of the time where the scooby and A3 were flat out all the way round.

Average on-track fuel consumption:

S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - 8.9mpg

A3 3dr 3.2V6 - 8.3mpg

Impreza 2.0T - ~6mpg (!)

Glad we all had fun and went home in one piece.

See you all on-track again soon...

Paul. 169144-ok.gif

thanks all you guys... had a great day... my trackday cherry is well and truely eaten !!

sorry robin for making you feel sick... my g friend is the same in my car...

pincher. hope you enjoyed the lift, shame i never got a chance to go in anyone elses cars as a passenger. would have been good to see how they compare in grin factor.

well cant wait for the next track day.

new tryes, brakes and an oil change needed for me frown.gif