Is the A4 B7 different?

Malcolm44

Have just fitted the RNS-E to the car which is a 2005 A4 2.0 TDI SE with the comms pack and has the corporate nose. The functions of the nav are all working and displays on the DIS. When attempting to VAG-COM the car we managed to get the instrument cluster changed and the navigation directions now come up on the DIS so that tells me that the wiring is good. What we cant get into is the settings for the nav to tell it to talk fully to the phone. sportifs2.gif Does the B7 have something else holding us out? I read somewhere that you have to go into the CAN gateway to first tell the car it has a nav.

• 1 month later...

my b7 and b6 seem slightly different. the diags seem to log more errors that stick the warning lights on the dash also (like disconnecting the glovebox/airbag deactivation switch). Doesnt do this on the S4 (b6) but does on the A4 (b7). Also my old ebay cable wont interrogate the controllers either so I cant cancel it myself..

I am going to try again but may just get the dealers to clear the error on sat morning as I know them pretty well, and they dont mind helping!..