5 year service and maintainance warranty

peter

Hi, fresh to the site so here goes.first of all `sneaky sent me!? do I duck or what?

re your A8 3.0.I am thinking of buying one and going to check a few out shortly at different dealers and they have this service plan. They advise everything but tyre covered but I have asked for terms and conditions anyway. Have you got multitronic or tiptronic? how do you find it and can you give feedback on fuel consumption?I am going to be testing both types. any info appreciated , thanks Graham

Hi Graham

mine is a multitronic but has tiptronic and padel shift as well. fuel consumption if i drive carefully around town is about 26mpg on a run i have had 32mpg.

better than 18mpg on my previous S8.

my new one is not quattro and boy does it make a difference i experienced wheel spin for the first time in years, my old S8 quattro hardly ever spun a wheel an awesome car whish i could afford the new S8!!

blimey, 3 choices for cog swapping , guess i'll find out later.not had petrol motor for years. some time back used to have diesel e class, excellent mpg ,just naff service and not so reliable. been there done that -never again! milady liked it so now am trying to introduce her to a more cultured mode of transport

[ QUOTE ]

Hi, fresh to the site so here goes.first of all `sneaky sent me!? do I duck or what?

re your A8 3.0.I am thinking of buying one and going to check a few out shortly at different dealers and they have this service plan. They advise everything but tyre covered but I have asked for terms and conditions anyway. Have you got multitronic or tiptronic? how do you find it and can you give feedback on fuel consumption?I am going to be testing both types. any info appreciated , thanks Graham

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, I have the new 3.0TDI A8 now covered 5.5K, average local MPG 30 in very short runs has done a worsed of 25MPG. Distance work up to 37MPG, did see 42MPG nursing it once. Mine is 281 BHP chipped and does go a lot better than original spec. No probs with the re-map, which was done on purchase at 40Miles on the clock.

The car is very comfortable and chuckable once you get used to it. 169144-ok.gif When I change it, I will look at the 4.2TDI which is very quick and effortless to drive, must try the S6 V10 though (still a boy at heart) suicide.gif. SMOKE6.GIF

Back to the original post.

If the car has a service & Maintenance plan, make sure your dealer fills out the transfer form for the Kerridge Data team at VWFS otherwise you'll have some nice chats when you try to use it.

There is also a later scheme (still in use for factory order) which is service only for 3yrs or 60k miles. Just make sure it's the former scheme and not someone who's product knowlege is at bit weak.

If it is the 5yr 75k miles deal, it is fantastic and covers pretty much everything bar tyres, glass & bulbs. Though for the later I'll usually sort out my customers.

If you need any help just send me a PM and I'll forward the transfer docs, but your dealer should do all this for you.

regards

Muppet man.

what a cracking deal on the service plan, everything bar tyres - wiper blades and bulbs even! so good in fact I am buying the car!!! I found the multitronic soooooooooo smooooooooooooooth and plenty power for me ( saddo ).So 2 year warranty left and 4 years worth of worryfree motoring - cracking for me thankyou very much! graham cool.gif