stainless steel exhausts?

wmrme01

[ QUOTE ]

I'm in the midlands (Birmingham)....

so some where closer would be better. thanks mate

PG does this place you are talking about do similar type of exhaust system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neila

I can see why you would want someone local, but I would imagine AMD in Bicester are as close as you will get.

Plus even if you take their free fitting it's still £700+ whereas taking into account my S4 petrol consumption and using a tank and a half to get to Brum and back, the total cost with an AAS system would be £525 with the total time taking a couple of hours more than a trip to AMD. It may be cheaper bearing in mind you have a 1.8T, the price I quoted is for an S4 cat back fitting.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the same position as you and also seeked advice from P_G. However I was in Fletchers, off the aston expressway, the other day and one of the assistantcs there did recommend MIJ saying that they do custom build and use aerospace stainless steel. I am planning to stop off there on the way home from work next week to get a feel of the place.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the same position as you and also seeked advice from P_G. However I was in Fletchers, off the aston expressway, the other day and one of the assistantcs there did recommend MIJ saying that they do custom build and use aerospace stainless steel . I am planning to stop off there on the way home from work next week to get a feel of the place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Ess, is it an S4 you have or an Apollo 4??? I suppose if you get sick of driving the car you can always visit Uranus instead!! bike.thumb.gif Ciao...... grin.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the same position as you and also seeked advice from P_G. However I was in Fletchers, off the aston expressway, the other day and one of the assistantcs there did recommend MIJ saying that they do custom build and use aerospace stainless steel . I am planning to stop off there on the way home from work next week to get a feel of the place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Ess, is it an S4 you have or an Apollo 4??? I suppose if you get sick of driving the car you can always visit Uranus instead!! bike.thumb.gif Ciao...... grin.gif169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.gif

I think he might have meant aircraft grade stainless steel, grade 304?

Same as what is used at AAS. However I did always fancy a titanium system, sweeeeet SPericani2.gif

[ QUOTE ]

was more concerned really about what does something like a Miltek offer over these custome made jobs.

Am I just paying for sound or performance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to tell as I'e never seen a dyno'd Milltek that is not remapped and have not dyno'd mine yet. I think the sound is different too, but with a Milltek the sound you get is the sound you get. I imagine as with AAS your company will be able to alter the pitch and tone if you want.

Also the custom build has a decent x-pipe (in my case anyway), Milltek has a drinking straw size x-pipe that prevents less back flow than a hankerchief. And cheaper too.

The downside is that a custom build will take longer to fit since it's not prefabbed. 169144-ok.gif