Collecting GTI tomorrow...

GTIDaddy

[ QUOTE ]

gti manuel comes in leather case. Some people have been given plastic. Bottle openers seem to go missing and dont forget the free oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

What free oil ?

I'm still not sure a bottle of longlife top-up is part of the package. I think its down to individual dealers whether they offer it.

GTIDaddy, all the best tomorrow. I posted a similar question recently and I collated all of the responses so here you go...

1. Check the paint-work all over, look for overspray / roughness / orange peel patches etc.

2. Hunker down each side and cast you eye up the sides - check for slight dents / depressions / shut lines

3. If you see a man in a boiler suit running a chamosis over it as you pick it up, be careful!!

4. Check interior trim (esp. dash) for scratches / screw-driver marks etc - it happens a lot

5. Check wheels for scratches, make sure they all look the same (my Audi A3 was 'dropped slightly' from the transporter and needed a new alloy on collection

6. Make sure the shut-lines on bonnet and boot are equal etc

7. Pray they don't stick the standard dealer label on the rear window - pain in the arse to take off ...

Check your name and address on the paper work and that the VIN and engine details match (I was once bought a car at a main dealership and when the V5 arrived through the post, the registration number and my details were correct, but it gave the wrong type of vehicle - a van rather than a car - red faces and apologies at the dealership).

bike.thumb.gif