Is the $1,200 Bose upgrade worth the money???

dem

Hi all--

I test drove my first TT roadster (225 ltr engine) today and am seriously considering buying this great car. The dealer priced it with the $1200 Bose upgrade. Is the Bose worth that much extra money? If so, I will splurge. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

It depends!! crazy.gif

If you are an audiophile then possibly not. If you want what seems to be a good factory fit system, something that may help resale, doesn't need you to do anything, integrate into the DIS and you don't intend changing the head unit then I'd say it's a good bet. I'd say about 90% of people are very happy with it.

You could always go and audition it! smirk.gif

Did not have Bose in my last car (A3) but have it now in my TT Coupe, very impressed so far, the sound is more 'spartial' (bascially individual instrements are more defined and you can tell when new sounds kick in better). Also the surround sound impressions you should get also works as I when I had the window down one day I thought I ran over sommat when in fact it was handclap type sound kicking from the right on track I was playing!

Also will help the resale value of your car when you come to resell it.

I appreciate the input. Thanks.

I tried to audition both systems but all of the TTs on the lot had the Bose! I'm ordering my car and this is the only way to shave something off the price. But I don't want regrets. As I write this, I think I'm answering my own question . . .

What's another 1200 over 5 years anyway?

Any other coments would be welcomed.

Cheers--

Having driven a TTr I would not have one without Bose, once you get the roof down you need all the power you can get from the stereo to hear it (gets very noisey at 150 with the roof off).

I dont thnk you can go wrong with bose as an option - I wouldnt bother with cd changer though (IMO) I would purchase a new MP3 capable head unit.