1. 1. European COTY 2006

• Alfa Romeo 159
    • BMW 3-series
    • Citroen C1/Peugeot 107/Toyota Aygo
    • Mazda 5
    • Renault Clio
    • Toyota Yaris
    • VW Passat

I honestly don't understand why the police believe cameras to be the answer to all of this. If they had visible patrols out on the streets catching uninsured, untaxed, unlicensed b*stards then surely this would be far better than catching out motorists a couple of mph over the limit. Oh sorry easy target...

You've got me started now... nothing about cars/drivers gets on my t*ts more than uninsured, untaxed, unlicensed drivers. It makes me furious. Honest motorists all pay a couple of hundred on road tax, a fair few hundred on insurance every year and have taken a imo not so easy driving test. So why are 1 in 20 allowed to be exempt?

If I were Ian Blair and I heard that fact (?), I'd declare war on these feckers.

Sunday evening rant over... coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised that we have so many young GTI drivers on here tbh, it's marketed as the more "sensible" hot hatch, so I would have expected more older drivers...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, well in that case I'll go and buy an Astra VXR instead... erm, no thinking about it I'll stick with the GTI wink.gif

Besides, isn't part of the whole GTI image that it transends age group, gender, sex, etc.? It's a drivers car, no matter who that may be...

For what it's worth, with 64 votes in so far...

With a little averaged statistical analysis the poll is currently showing that the average age of a GTi driver on TSN is 31 years and 5 months old. 169144-ok.gif

However, that doesn't account of the high concentration of owners in the 17-36 year band, and when you take that into account the TRUE average age drops to around 29 years and 7 months old. 169144-ok.gif

Mr Me 169144-ok.gif

I think in this particular case a "mean" statistical average,would be more beneficial, in giving a much clearer illustration, of the age group of the majority of gti drivers, currently engaged,in active participation on this brand & model specific forum.

That load of twaddle can be classified under the heading:

Trousers down Gordon Brown dung.gif speak, bro!

But not undecipherable enough to come under the heading:

Egg on face a lot prescott.... speak laddy.

Sorry peeps just strayed into the realms of " spin" for a moment there............. suicide.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I think in this particular case a "mean" statistical average,would be more beneficial, in giving a much clearer illustration, of the age group of the majority of gti drivers, currently engaged,in active participation on this brand & model specific forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, I thought about being mean, but couldn't get into the mode. It's a form of standard deviation I often suffer from. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

They're the miserable twats that don't smile or wave back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wave to GTI's now and I don't even own one laugh.gif

When I get her I will certainly wave even more and if it's a lady driver then perhaps give a quick flash, ohhh errr wink.gif

I'm surprised that we have four owners aged 17-21 though, must be paying uber pennies on insurance shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

They're the miserable twats that don't smile or wave back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yesterday I saw a 5dr Steel Grey GTI coming towards me and got ready to give a friendly wave, but the big surly woman just turned away. Charming!

Interestingly I saw a white, a black and a grey GTI on my way home tonight and then parked opposite a silver one in a multi storey in Richmond! Common as muck or what? yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I drive approximately 700 miles every week and am lucky if I see one GTI! Normally when you order / own a car you see them everywhere. Like mine will be, I reckon most are pivately owned and therefore not huge numbers about in the middle hours of the day blatting up and down motorways Mondat to Fridays. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true ... I haven't seen many around despite the usual thing of seeing them once you own one.

Mind you, mine lives in the garage Monday to Friday. Have now clocked up 700 miles and todate, and I got it on 1st March. Wife keeps asking 'why did you bother getting that Golf then' and other awkward to answer questions ... heart.gifNONO3.GIFopenfire.gif