A4 Problems

Headerss

Hey,

My sister has a 2003 A4 1.8 with the sport package. The car was purchased brand new and its causing some problems after 60,000 kms.

A year back while she was driving the whole gearbox assembly fell of its mounts. After a lenghty fight with the Sole dealer, it was replaced free of charge.

Recently i had the chance to drive her car during my easter holidays and found the following problems:

1. Oil Consumption: Its spending approx. 0.5L/100 Kms, even though the car doesnt smoke, it has no leaks, and it is serviced every 5,000 kms by the dealer.

2. The Multitronic Gearbox: While trying to accelerate from the ground it is too SLOW!!!! I have a 2.4 and there is a big difference. All A4's pause for a second as if the gearbox is spooling for power, and then it takes off with a very good throttle response.

So while driving, when the gearbox wants to upshift, it feels as if there is an unsmoothness in the trasition.

Could this be due to the gearbox needing to be electronically adjusted ( if there is such a thing??!)?

Would appreciate the help!!!

Thanks

Is their oil on your drive where you park the car?

0.5L/100km is a hell of a lot to lose - could well be an oil leak. If its not keep checking for water in the oil, or oil in the coolant (as has been suggested)

If that much oil is being burnt in the engine it wont be doing your cat converter any good at all.