New Michelin ps2s (tracking out?)

TheEdge

Hi all

just had 4 mich ps2s fitted today, the ride feels great now. after the rears on the old set looked knackered (very close to balding!) they must have been on the front before being moved to the back car has done just over 25000 miles

! however since driving it earlier today the i decided to test the tracking out by letting the steering go, and the car was veering to the left only slightly nothing severe though!

If this is a tracking issue i'l get it done at the weekend the only other thing i can think of is if the tyres are new and ive bearly done 5 miles in them since ive put them on!

any views on this would be great

thanks all

Deep blue 3 door standard

You'd be a lot better off getting the tracking checked by a professional company that knows what they're doing (and preferably knows Golfs well) and spending £70 or so, than having to fork out for a new pair of tyres that get work prematurely.

I can highly recommend www.autops.co.uk near Banbury and www.amdtechnik.com in Bicester if they're anywhere near you.

HTH

beerchug.gif

thanks all for advice on this will be getting the tracking checked out at the weekend just dont want to ruin the cars set up etc so this is a priority for me £70 sounds alot to me but i'l check locally as well but AMD seem to know there stuff and come well recommended

thanks again

[ QUOTE ]

thanks all for advice on this will be getting the tracking checked out at the weekend just dont want to ruin the cars set up etc so this is a priority for me £70 sounds alot to me but i'l check locally as well but AMD seem to know there stuff and come well recommended

thanks again

[/ QUOTE ]

Local stealer quoted me £72 for the alignment check and the few local garages that do it charge about £80 so thats about the going rate im afraid 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

thanks again

[/ QUOTE ]

APS in Brackley - lower hourly rate than AMD and excellent system and staff - will tweak until perfect! My TT has never been better! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

will tweak until perfect! My TT has never been better!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad to say that I agree with you - the one thing that really stood out to me about AmD was Mike spending ages to get my Corrado all to 0 - when I had AmD check the R32 was told was "within spec and not worth adjusting"...