Extended Warrenty

rball

Hi All,

I am about to purchase my first M3 (well excited!!!) this week and am wondering about getting the warrenty extended. The car is 2002 with 35000 miles on it. I'm buying it from BMW as an AUC with a 1 year warrenty included. Does anyone know how much the warrenty is a year and is it worth it? Any known problems?

I know my car isn't an M3 - but I have just chosen Warranty Direct over the official VW alternative for my R32.

They ahve a £5k claim limit each year (£1k for VW!!), cover damage caused by non insured parts, and have been a pleasure to deal with.

Any work will be carried out at my local franchised VW dealer too.

All for £360 for a year, and it is flexible cover that I can cancel in an instant if I choose to sell the car.

I would have a chat with them and see what they can do.

Ring warranty direct and get a quote, tell them you will think about it, they will call you back withing 48 hours and bring the quote down.

A few of the guys with 330d's have held out and got it down from just over £350 to around £260 for the gold cover.

Totally Agree 169144-ok.gif

I do not trust these 3rd party warranty's - especially when you look at the massive bills one can face with an M3 thats gone tits up!

I think they will use every clause to wriggle out of such a large claim, if it came about.

My advice - if you are going for a 3rd party warranty, read all the small print very carefully.

Well a few of the guys have used warranty direct, there is an option to pay another £20 and only use BMW main dealers for repairs.

A few of the guys have used them and claimed and they have been great. One of the BMW techs said that the calim approved by warranty direct would have been a nightmare if he had been with BMW.

I would never have used a 3rd party warranty, but these guys sound pretty good, so don't write them off too quickly.

The BMW extended warranty is getting silly imho, massive excess' and too high a premium.