Additional products offered with my New A4 Avant

markkieras

I'm due to collect my A4 Avant in 2 weeks, however when I purchased the car, I was offered the following:

1. GAP insurance @ £395

2. Vehicle Protection Programme (V.V.P.)(Autoglym) @ £295

I will probably take out the Gap insurance for peace of mind; however I’m not sure about the VVP. It seems a lot of money for a Wax and clean although I’m sure there’s more to it than a simple clean! confused.gif

Does anyone have any experience of this and is it worth the cash. Will the future resale value of the car be increased having had this treatment?

Many thanks,

169144-ok.gif

Mark K

You can get GAP cheaper than that as I discovered after losing two lots of £395.... smashfreakB.gif

I think it can be had for around £100 and I know my friend got BMW to match her lowest quote of £180 for 3 years, dropping from their quoted £450 EEK2.GIF

Don't bother with the rest. Spend £295 or a lot less on some Megs washing products and that will last you a lot longer. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Since when David, did you polish your own steed? I thought you had a boy to do it whilst you polished something else.... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr Paul, I do indeed have a "3rd party polisher" so that I can devote my time to working very hard to pay him what he's worth!!! cool.gif169144-ok.gif

Thanks for comments.

Just looked on-line and found numerous companys that provide GAP insurance for around £200 for 3 years cover. i'll see if Audi can match these!

As for the VVP, i'll take you advice, and tell Audi to shove it where the sun doesn't shine. smashfreakB.gif

Mark K

I had Supaguard on my current cab when I baught it, in hindsight a complete waste of £250 and a good job done by the sales guy on that one. However I have not gone for Supaguard on the new cab but I have gone for GAP, as I intend keeping the new cab for a 'longish' time thought it would be worth it.

Welcome by the way beerchug.gif