BMW 8 series - buying advice wanted.

Dadstoys

Can anyone offer some tips on buying a good BMW 8 series. I've heard some horror stories, but its also one of the cars I've always promised I would own at some stage in my life. Any pointers to websites etc, or personal opinions/experience would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You need the BMW Car Club Forums

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded. My first stop for all things BMW technical related 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid I don't visit any more. They don't like new cars, or anything remotely new.

Oh, and there are people on there who say one thing to your face and something completely different online - as a number of TSN-er's are now aware of.

Wacky Racers indeed. yelrotflmao.gif

You were the one who pointed me in their direction! grin.gif

It's been months since I posted anything... I just use the search function to go through the archives when I need to know something; there's a lot of information.

What's this about wacky racers?!

PM me, rather than take up this thread 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Found it all guys. There was a great link on that site you directed me too. Looks like the 8 series is very thirsty on juice. May have to reconsider and go for an M5 - which positively sips it at the side of an 850i. :-(

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on your mileage of course, but often the cost of fuel is a very small part of the running cost of this type of car. Unfortunately, it is often the most visible cost on a daily/weekly basis frown.gif I guess what I'm saying is, if you want an 8, don't let the fuel consumption put you off!!

Just my thoughts on the matter

Peter

After much research about an 8 series, I've now got the new toy - V plate BMW M5 !! Couple of small jobs need doing ( well, i hope they are small ) and it will be ready to use. Needs a new front foglight glass ( got it off ebay already ) and the ABS dashboard light is on - which needs investigating. Its that Avus Blue colour, 3 owners, and although its up on miles, its got a full BMW history and has just been serviced and MOT'd. Anything I've got to be wary off ? look out for ?