ABT or Caractere?

SL26UK

Body kit parts are usually supplied primed ready for colour matching by a pro bodyshop. I am lucky that my VW dealer is next door to an Accident Repair Centre which has many awards for the standard of its work. They do most of any aftermarket fitting.

Looking at the Caractere upper pic, I think it would be cheaper, easier and better looking to do what quite a few other TSN GTI guys have done and part colour code the standard OEM valance.

Looking at the Caractere lower pic, what exhaust system will fit that ? In case anyone thought that my right-hand twin pipes were false....No, they fully function as exhausts.

A phone call to Awesome will establish if the Caractere black areas are glossy. I have seen a photo of a car with glossy black Caractere.

Personally I much prefer Abt.

[ QUOTE ]

I was looking at a Rear Valance by Caractere.

I know that ABT stuff are well known, but what about Caractere?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I have been thinking of going for this bumper

It seems quite cheap, I know its the R32 rear end, but I am not interested in making an R32 replica, but I do like the R's rear bumper, as for an exhaust, I'm sure a company like Powerflow could make a nice fitting system to match the bumper.

I used them for a custom exhaust quite a few years back for my Clio 172 Sport and you can even customize the sound, which is fab.

Just thought I'd add my opinion, as for the Caractere bumper, I would follow others advice here and get your GTi upper bumper section colour coded, then fit this with a nice stainless exhaust such as a Milltek 169144-ok.gif

Thanks Red, always good to know my advice and links have been well received, especially from a TSN 'veteran' beerchug.gif

Been thinking of one of the two conversions for a while now, I like the R32 rear look, but would have to go down the custom exhaust route, and I'm not too keen on that.

At least if I go for the colour coded upper half of the bumper like you have, I can go for the tried and trusted Milltek exhaust with the 2 original left hand double pipes, then maybe add the RISO carbon diffuser. Also thinking of getting one of those carbon dash fascias for my centre to console to break the grey up a little, so should all match inside and out.

Only got to sort out some new wheels now, quite like those new Lionhart LH-1 Rims, gotta fit my Avic-X1R sat nav and DVD tomorrow too Red, so shall have a dash similar to yours 169144-ok.gif

If I hadn't had the opportunity to get my quads, I would definitely be considering that carbon rear valance - It looks very cool. I think that the same company also make some carbon mirror covers for the Mk5 GTI 169144-ok.gif.

Have you got a link for the carbon dash fascia you mention ?

[ QUOTE ]

Great couple of links, VeeDub_GTi 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif.

Fischer Motorsport can also supply GTI parts such as open front vents (where the fogs are).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah ,great link! 169144-ok.gif

Infact,I've just ordered some of those aforementioned front vents,Robin! grin.gif

No mate,I'm still in the fold! 169144-ok.gif...

...But I have to admit I was tempted by that CS for a little while...until I realised just how much money I'd lose on both the GTI and ultimately the M3 too!!! suicide.gif

I'm glad I stayed faithful to the marque now,'cos the Golf is just getting into it's stride.I'm even looking at a set of smoked rear lenses and planning a trip to GTI International too! grin.gif

Yeah those carbon mirror covers look real good, especially on Red, think I quite like the idea of a fair few carbon bits on my Tornado Red GTi jump.gif

Fitted my Sat Nav today, and the £90 can-bus adaptor I bought from Blaupunkt doesn't work!!!! FIREdevil.gif So had to order another, any idea what CanBus adaptor your installer used Red for your pioneer system??

Oh nearly forgot heres the link for the dashboard kits, they do quite a few and a fair few finishes too 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Fitted my Sat Nav today, and the £90 can-bus adaptor I bought from Blaupunkt doesn't work!!!! FIREdevil.gif So had to order another, any idea what CanBus adaptor your installer used Red for your pioneer system??

[/ QUOTE ]

....Tuesday is the earliest I may be able to get hold of him, so I'll get back to you as soon as.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

....Tuesday is the earliest I may be able to get hold of him, so I'll get back to you as soon as.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers RR, you're a star 169144-ok.gif

Think I have located a good one anyway link that I shall order, but was just curious as to what make interface you had, that Blaupunkt one was a waste of time, it gave none of the signals it should have i.e. display illumination, switched ignition and speed pulse, I wouldn't advise anyone else buys one suicide.gif