Alloy Wheel Refurbishment

harddrive

Good Morning,

One of my work colleagues has just taken ownership of a TT.

The car is running on official Audi 6 spoke 16” Alloys and 2 of these are in need of some refurbishment.

Does anyone know of a good place in the Lincolnshire area that repairs damaged wheels?

Thanks,

Chris

spit & polish are probably the most convenient way to get wheels refurbed, the dealership i work for use them all the time & their service is fast & reliable. the wheels come back in a lot better condition than you sent them although i have noticed that they are just "good" now whereas they used to come back in "amazing" condition! i think they are just too busy to really put the time into them now & as they have grown so has their workload! still reccomend them though 169144-ok.gif

The trouble with Chipsaway and Wicked Wheels is that all they do is to 'break the bead' (ie shift the tyre away from the outer face) and paint whilst the tyre is still on the wheel.

Pristine and Spit & Polish work with the bare wheel - remove all the original paint, machine out any damage and then repaint (powder coat?) the whole wheel, inside and out.

[ QUOTE ]

Pristine and Spit & Polish work with the bare wheel - remove all the original paint, machine out any damage and then repaint (powder coat?) the whole wheel, inside and out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't mind me asking Peter, when you had your 18s refurbed to coincide with the new tyres, what was the cost for that?

Ian

• 1 month later...

Hi excited I just rang http://www.spitandpolish.co.uk/ and basically they do collect but only as far north as about Luton.

The price for stock 5 spoke alloys was £50 to £55+ VAT per rim when sent with tyres.

They do offer a one day service but you have to be there for 7.30am... its all done by 5pm... however they are booked up til after August on this.

Hope this helps