R32 delays

Argus

can someone explain why people have waited almost 6 months for their "R"...I could understand if it was such a personal spec...that was why you had to wait....I,ll just tell you my experiance of buying my MKV R32...around Xmas I started looking in all the car mags...also the VW web site not a lot on offer...next step was to start ringing the dealers....I found that there where a lot more R32,s at the dealers and not advertised..mmmmmm I thought lets go further afield...well 8 weeks after starting my search I found the very car I wanted...DBP..leather..RCD500...winter pack..not registered...and for a pre-increase price...just my little story...theres soo many more R,s at the dealers but not advertised on the VW web site...give it a go guys you may come up trumps..i did... beerchug.gif

Just got my build week 21 grin.gif Started order process at end of Oct with dealer. The actually ordered the car on 1st of April. Hoping for early June delivery grin.gif

As you can see I wanted a 'personal' spec ! but the main thing is 98% of the cars at the dealers are leather and that's something I specifically did not want. Nothing wrong with it just I'd ratther spend the £1700 elsewhere and don't like the hot clamy feel in the summer.

Cheers 169144-ok.gif

I didn't tell Mrs endoman, best tactic.

car is now loosening up well, 1300 miles in first month, had a lovely afternoon drive on thursday round some of my favourite twisties. Had to drive the same bit of road 3 times it was so enjoyable. I prefer the floor shift to the paddles, they are too small for me.

Don't think stealers are allowed to buy a R32 for their own stock at the moment. Any you've seen advertised nationaly by stealers are most probably puka cancelled orders. Some stealers are a bit dodgy and fake a buyer to get a car or two onto their forecourts...

We found an R32 in stock, manual, the dealer told me that he had been 'awarded' 5 R32's because of ordering a lot of standard models - like passats and the like. He could not choose the spec. - was just sent 5 identical manual ones, black with leather.

Found out last week my new MkV is delayed. Talked about June when I ordered but now its looking like 1st of Sept. Not really a problem I suppose as I get to play with my beloved MkIV a bit longer!

Mine has been delayed too, something to do with the Recaro seats. I ordered at the start of December and it was estimated an April delivery. The latest I have is a build date of wk21 or wk27 neither of whith are confirmed. TBH I'm getting a bit fed up with the whole thing

I am amazed at the delays. I ordered 1st Feb, DSG, leather, Nav, DBP, I collected last Wednesday. No problems at all. There are others who have had similar turnaround. I know one of the guys at this dealer well and being a big dealer they get a fair amount of sway with VW. The big dealers are always going to get a greater and more negotiable say with VW. My local dealer quoted 2007 after giving us a test drive and then tried to flog us their demo car. When he followed up he seemed amazed that we had got our names on one so quickly.