New member of VW fraternity

randellp

Hi All, on a slight whim this weekend, much to my joy and the disgust of my GF, I bought my very own pikey wagon white MK1 Caddy on eBay.

It's not perfect, but it has 12 month's MOT and I'm hoping it will be a useful workhorse (to help with the planned home improvements) and plaything - for carrying bikes/boards & camping etc this summer.

It's got a 1.6 petrol engine, done 116k miles, bodywork is fairly tidy with just a bit of rust but nothing seems too terminal. It ran fine on the 25 miles home and the only real issues were the brakes, (which compared to the BM, you had to really stamp hard!) and the fan didn't come on when I left it running to warm up (thermo switch hopefully). There's also some ominous slight knocking and grinding from the front wheels, but I'm assuming the MOT would have found anything that was falling off!

Apart from some immediate issues, such as the cooling, and also giving it a damn good clean, I'm probably going to carry out some subtle (i.e cheap) mods based around comfort - seats, soundproofing carpets, stereo, security etc, and perhaps some decent wheels, and also tidying up the bodywork.

My question is - GSF and Neat autos and were my favoured suppliers for my Peugeot, are there any favoured parts & accessory people for VWs - esp MK1 golfs? I'm also on the market for a clean, used interior - door cards, carpet, and front seats.

Any guidance would be appreciated! Especially on how to win my GF round as she's not speaking to me any more. FIREdevil.gif

More pics to come once I get a chance.

800263-Image031.jpg

post-7336-137914357195_thumb.jpg